A free webinar entitled Planning Ahead in a Pandemic: The Scientific Outlook will take place on Thursday 6th August.
Public health expert Alanna Shaikh and leading immunologist Luke O’Neill will join Dominick Hoare (Munich Re) and Martin McCluney (Marsh) to discuss how the pandemic might evolve over the coming six to 24 months and how that may affect the marine insurance sector.
Points of discussion will include:
- Covid-19 around the world
- What will a second wave look like?
- Likelihood of finding a working vaccine and how it will be rolled out
- Living without a vaccine
- Impact on shipowner crewing practices
- Varying marine insurance response; IG clubs vs commercial insurers
- How to construct pandemic insurance – the triggers for loss, the methodology for indemnification
- Pandemic insurance – government vs commercial. Whose shoulders should it fall on?
This will be followed by a live Q&A session with the panellists.
Alanna Shaikh, Global Health & Biosecurity Expert, Tomorrow Global
Luke O’Neill, Chair of the Immunity and Infection panel, European Research Council
Dominick Hoare, Group CUO, Munich Re Syndicate
Martin McCluney, Managing Director, US Hull & Liability Practice, Marsh JLT Specialty.