The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Rapid course change and cargo misassessment were causes of dredger capsizing May 24, 2019A rapid change of course and a misassessment of the make-up of the dredger's cargo, was the reason for the sudden capsizing of dredger Sirius Høj ….
- Japan Club report on P&I condition surveys 2018 May 24, 2019Japan Club has issued its report on the condition surveys conducted in 2018 policy year. The condition surveys are conducted by independent surveyors for ….
- What happens when you issue multiple sets of bills of lading? May 24, 2019Swedish Club has warned members that, to minimize the risk of conflicting claims of title for the cargo, it was crucial to have just one set of original …..
- Practical issues in the pursuit and defence of cargo claims May 24, 2019Pamela Dunning, Associate at Birketts LLP, has written on the UK Club web site on the new rules on disclosure recently introduced in the English ….
- Long-haul live exports should stop completely, says animal welfare academic May 24, 2019Long-haul live animal exports are too high a risk and should be stopped completely, according to Donald Broom, the first Professor in Animal Welfare ….
- Marine accident round-up : 24th May 2019 May 24, 2019US-based Cal Maritime’s training ship Golden Bear (IMO 8834407) sustained minor damage after one of its masts hit a shoreside gantry crane as it …..
- Marine accident round up : 23rd May 2019 May 23, 2019Crude oil tanker Saiq (IMO 9406166) was detained by the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency on May 20th at 09:00 local time after what was …..
- Tugboat captain and pilot at fault in Sunshine Bridge crash, say company officials May 23, 2019Marquette Transportation's president and other company officials have placed the blame for the Sunshine Bridge crash on the tugboat captain and pilot ….
- Evridiki owner, operator, chief engineer, charged over pollution infractions May 23, 2019A US jury has charged Evridiki Navigation Inc, Liquimar Tankers Management Services Inc and tanker Evridiki (IMO 9318137) Chief Engineer Nikolaos ….
- Engine failures caused by assembly errors, says MAIB May 23, 2019Two engine failures during Solent ferry sailings of the Wight Sky (IMO 9446984) were caused by assembly errors, the Marine Accident Investigation ….