The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- All but one of kidnapped crew members on tanker Duke are released: one dead January 21, 2020All but one of the 20 Indian crew kidnapped in December from oil tanker Duke (IMO 9262259), who were kidnapped by pirates Benin on December 15th 2019, have been released, However, one crew ….
- “Roadmap For A Sustainable Future”: Marine Insurance London agenda published January 21, 2020This year's Marine Insurance London: "Roadmap For A Sustainable Future" takes place at Etc Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London, on March 20th. The full agenda has now been published, with panel ...
- Master arrested after found allegedly drunk January 21, 2020Swedish Traffic Control in Oresund tried, but failed to contact general cargo ship Christine (IMO 8502145) on the night of January 16th to alert the vessel that she was on a dangerous …..
- Poor lashing, unadjusted route, contributed to cargo shift on January 21, 2020Cargo shift and damage caused to vehicles on Passenger/Cargo RoRo European Causeway (IMO 9208394), travelling between Larne, Northern Ireland and Cairnryan, Scotland, on December 18th 2018 ....
- MSA issues guidelines on checking of fuel sulphur regulations January 21, 2020The China MSA has issued guidelines on how compliance with the fuel sulphur regulations will be checked and enforced by local authorities. Guidelines for Supervision and Management of ….
- Marine accident round-up : 21st January 2020 January 21, 2020Cargo ship MSC Adelaide (IMO 9618290) struck a moored pilot boat while approaching Gioia Tauro during the late morning of January 18th, having arrived from Genoa. The boat sank after being ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th January 2020 January 20, 2020A derelict Alaska tugboat, the Lumberman, floated away from the spot where it was anchored in Juneau’s Gastineau Channel, Alaska, USA, before eventually running aground. She shifted several ….
- Steamship notes online video and e-training for Sulphur Caps January 20, 2020Steamship Mutual has advised that Videotel has made available online an information video and e-training course that they may find useful. The video and e-training course can be …..
- Search called off for two missing fishermen after fatal collision off Galveston January 20, 2020The search for two fisherman missing following a fatal ship collision near Galveston, Texas, has been called off. the US Coast Guard said late on Thursday January 16th ….
- Authorization issued for 90-day wind-down period for contracts with Iran January 20, 2020American Club has informed members that, with reference to Club Circular 02/20 of January 10th, which informed Members of the imposition of additional US sanctions against Iran from ….