The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Cruise ship Viking Sky heading for port after engines restarted March 25, 2019Cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) lost power on Saturday March 23rd while sailing from Tromso to Stavanger, focing an evacuation order in heavy seas ….
- Anti-pollution neasures continue after Grande America sinking March 25, 2019Good weather conditions in the Bay of Biscay on March 21st permitted the continuation of anti-pollution operations in the vicinity of the spot where ConRo Grande America (IMO 9130937) ….
- Campaign for greater container safety “must focus first on dangerous goods” March 25, 2019The recent reports of container ship fires has once more focused those in the container supply chain on safety issues related to the incorrect processing of dangerous goods, says …..
- Marine accident round-up : 25th March 2019 March 25, 2019A triple collision between container ships occurred at the anchorage of Yokohama off the Nonmoku Terminal late on March 21st, Cargo ship Marcliff (IMO 9343663) had just left the Nonmoku ….
- Marine accident round-up : 22nd March 2019 March 22, 2019Ocean Constructor (IMO 7814424) suffered a fire in her engine room on March 13th in the Gulf of Mexico while laying two pipelines at the Ku-Maloob-Zaap oil field in the Campeche Sound ….
- Magnets said to be used to manipulate mass flow meters March 22, 2019North P&I Club has said that concerns had been raised on the use of magnets to manipulate bunker barge mass flow meters (MFM) …..
- Limited edition 911s sank with Grande America March 22, 2019Germany-based high-performance car manufacturer Porsche will be restarting production of a sequence of limited-edition 911s after 37 Porsches sank, along with more than 2,200 other …..
- Houston petrochemical blaze extinguished, says ITC March 22, 2019A fire at a Mitsui & Co petrochemical storage site outside Houston, which had been emitting a plume of acrid smoke for days, was extinguished on Wednesday March 20th, Intercontinental ….
- Port Hedland and other ports clearing anchorages and berths as storm approaches March 22, 2019Pilbara Ports, the operator of Australia’s key iron ore exporting ports, is clearing ships from the northwestern ports of Port Hedland, Dampier and Ashburton as tropical cyclone ….
- China’s Glory Sea reported arrested over unpaid crew wages March 21, 2019Cruise ship Glory Sea (IMO 9183518), which has been sailing for Diamond Cruise International since July 2016, has been reported as placed under arrest by Shanghai Maritime Court due to unpaid …..