The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- IUMI discusses impact of Covid-19 on marine insurance April 2, 2020A common impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on marine insurers is likely to be when there is delay or disruption, with cargoes or vessels not being shipped, sailing empty, being delayed …..
- Windward extends relationship with Gard April 2, 2020Tel Aviv-based maritime analytics company has extended its relationship with Norway-based marine insurer Gard, delivering a wider set of behavioural analytics ….
- W K Webster introduces eSurveys April 2, 2020W K Webster has launched an eSurvey product under its in-house ISA network. The system permits claimants to join an eSurvey via a Zoom meeting. The eSurvey will be managed and run by an ,,,,
- A safe berth is just that, US court rules April 2, 2020On March 29th the US Supreme Court rules that the traditional language in which the charterer promises to send the ship to a safe berth, which shall be procured by the charter ….
- Costa Diadema piloted remotely through Suez Canal April 2, 2020Cruise ship Costa Diadema (IMO 9636888), which had at least reported 65 cases of coronavirus on board, has been piloted remotely through the Suez Canal. On March 23, a pilotage team …..
- Steamship gives members extra time to pay April 2, 2020Steamship Mutual has said that Capital Distribution credits had now been issued for all renewing Members, amounting to 7.5% of the mutual premium accrued for each renewed ….
- Virus-hit cruise ships not welcomed as politicians protect residents April 2, 2020Florida governor Ron DeSantis has said that he was concerned that permitting sick people on board cruise ships Zaandam (IMO 9156527) and Rotterdam (IMO 9122552) to disembark at Port ….
- Brazil bars crew members from disembarking cruise ship April 2, 2020A Brazilian court has barred crew members from disembarking from cruise ship Costa Fascinosa (IMO 9479864), which is anchored with no passengers at the port of Santos ….
- Artania stays put off Western Australia April 2, 2020Cruise ship Artania (IMO 8201480) has refused to leave its position off Fremantle, Western Australia, amid fears of more Covid-19 cases on board. It was feared that the Artania, already ….
- Crew member on containership taken ill with symptoms of Covid-19 April 2, 2020A crew member of containership CMA CGM Marco Polo (IMO 9454436) has been taken ill on board, showing symptoms linked to the coronavirus infection. The vessel was currently moored at …..