The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Six crew members of livestock carrier test positive for Covid-19 May 29, 2020Six crew members aboard livestock carrier Al Kuwait (IMO 9590931) have now tested positive for coronavirus. The vessel arrived from the UAE and was allowed to dock in Fremantle, Western ….
- Philippines – crew claim guidance – Impact of COVID-19 on 120/240 Day Rule May 29, 2020In Steamship Mutual's Sea Venture 32, Tony Nicholson, Syndicate Manager Claims, Americas Syndicate, with the help of advice prepared and provided by the Club’s correspondent lawyers ….
- Coronavirus impact on shipping industry: idle vessels face new risks, warns Allianz May 29, 2020Restrictions on supply chains and international travel due to the coronavirus outbreak have serious implications for the maritime industry, reports Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty …..
- First global standard for ship hull cleaning essential for marine ecosystems May 29, 2020Independent shipping association BIMCO has moved a step closer to finishing a global set of guidelines needed to protect the marine environment from invasive species and reduce CO2 ….
- US says pirate attack numbers are probably underreported May 29, 2020Vessels in the Gulf of Mexico have been urged to develop security protocols to prevent pirates from boarding after the US Maritime Administration (MARAD) said that pirate attacks on vessels …..
- Marine accident round-up : 29th May 2020 May 29, 2020In a repeated misfortune Bulk carrier Cofco 1 (IMO 9611709) ran aground in Parana river upstream from San Martin port during the evening of May 25th at Timbues port. According to Alpemar ….
- Marine accident round-up : 28th May 2020 May 29, 2020The Bulgarian captain of cargo ship Tommi Ritscher (IMO 9656137) and eight of his crew, who were kidnapped along with seven other sailors by pirates off the coast of Benin last month, have ….
- Surgical masks washing up on New South Wales coast after containers lost May 28, 2020Surgical masks and other items began washing up onto Australian beaches on Tuesday May 26th after containership APL England (IMO 9218650) lost at least 40 containers overboard in ….
- Large container ship ordered into quarantine in Brazil May 28, 2020Soybean loading operations were set to resume late on Tuesday May 26th at Brazil’s Paranaguá port after container ship Cap San Lorenzo (IMO 9622227) was ordered into quarantine following ….
- Sailors on way home after being freed from tanker Vemahope May 28, 2020Nine Georgian sailors were reported to be on their way home after an April 30th kidnapping by pirates in the Gulf of Guinea off Nigeria. The Georgian Maritime Transport Agency ….