The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Viking Sky had several alarms go off before events leading to blackout November 15, 2019A total of 18 alarms about low lubricating oil levels sounded on board cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) several hours before a complete blackout left the ship at the mercy of stormy ….
- London Club announces 7.5% general increase November 15, 2019The London P&I Club has announced a general increase in rates of 7.5% for policy year 2020/21. It said that, as part of the renewal process, individual Member deductible levels would also ….
- NTSB tells US Coast Guard to act on “Duck” vehicles reserve buoyancy November 15, 2019The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has issued a Marine Safety Recommendation Report calling upon the US Coast Guard to require sufficient reserve buoyancy for DUKW amphibious …..
- First lawsuit filed by victim’s relative as a result of Conception disaster November 15, 2019The first family member of one of the 34 people killed in the fire on accommodation/dive boat Conception on September 2nd has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the ship’s owners, Glen ….
- Sunken ship clogs up cargo flow at major Vietnamese seaport November 15, 2019The sinking of small container ship Vietsun Integrity in the Long Tau Channel continued this week to have serious implications for traffic flow in the area. The Long Tau channel feeds into the ….
- The false economy of amending knock for knock clauses November 15, 2019Alex McCooke, Offshore Syndicate Manager – Claims, Shipowners' Club has written on how amending knock-for-knock clauses can turn out to be a false economy ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th November 2019 November 15, 2019A fire broke out in the engine room of the Polar Marquis (IMO 9190298) on November 11th off Senegal. The fire was extinguished and the situation was brought under control ….
- Ship berthing incidents vulnerable to masters new to a port, or pilots new to a ship November 14, 2019TT Club has noted that it was "perhaps surprisingly" common for things to go wrong when ships berthed, either when the ship was manoeuvring or when the mooring was underway …..
- Pirate attack in Gulf of Mexico November 14, 2019Pirates attacked offshore supply vessel Remas (IMO 9586459) in the southern Gulf of Mexico, injuring two crew members, the Mexican Navy said on November 12th ….
- Cause of Ytterøyningen fire not yet established November 14, 2019The cause of the fire and the explosion aboard battery-powered passenger/cargo roro Ytterøyningen (IMO 9371531) on October 10th has not yet been determined ….