The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Marine accident round-up : 20th November 2018 November 20, 2018Cargo ship MSC Katyayni (IMO 9110389), which was operating between Piraeus, Greece and Yilport Port in Izmit, Turkey, allided with the dock of the Turkish port at the Yilport Gebze ….
- Fines for misdeclarations in Ukraine November 20, 2018Legal firm Lex Marine in Odessa has reminded members of Britannia Club and North of England Club that if ship’s stores were misdeclared in Ukraine, particularly in the port of ….
- Taking advantage of the new status quo at Lloyd’s November 20, 2018A blogger from insurtech company Concirrus has written on how insurers could take advantage of the leaner Lloyd's marine market in 2019. It noted that four months ago Lloyd’s announced they ….
- “Largest waves in the world” hit Newfoundland November 20, 2018Workers on oil rig Hibernia 300km off Newfoundland reported waves on Thursday 15th November that were cresting higher than 25 metres. Docked vessels were battered and buildings on the ….
- Liftboat in GoM listing and taking on water November 20, 2018Offshore support vessel Ram XVIII (IMO 9769453) lost power, began to list and take on water in the Gulf of Mexico, about 23nm west of Southwest Pass, Louisiana, on Sunday …..
- Marine accident round-up : 19th November 2018 November 19, 2018High-speed ferry T&T Spirit (IMO 9280897) has been sidelined in Port of Spain until November 17th at the earliest after weeks of mechanical problems, which have resulted in ….
- California says flag country’s AFS certificate is not enough November 19, 2018Gard has reported an update in the bio-fouling regulations in California, where the State Land Commission (SLC) clarified the rules under which vessels berthing in California were ….
- ITF says death of seafarer “proves that lashing is dockers’ work November 19, 2018The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) and European Transport Workers' Federation (ETF) have said that the case of a Filipino seafarer dying in Dublin while doing ….
- Helge Ingstad will not reach Haakonsvern before December November 19, 2018The Norwegian Defence Ministry has announced that it was not realistic to get stricken €400m frigate Helge Ingstad to Haakonsvern before December. Environmental considerations ….
- Two cargo ships collide in North Sea November 19, 2018Two cargo ships collided in the North Sea off the north-western coast of Germany on Thursday November 15th in what looks to be a bizarre "U-Turn" accident. Both ships …..