The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Marine accident round-up : 20th September 2018 September 20, 2018The wreck removal of Gulfem Kalkavan (IMO 7721873) was completed on September 13th. All related vessel records have been closed and the vessel's status has been changed to dead by the ….
- Legal decision by Court leaves Time Bar open to doubt where there is a deviation September 20, 2018Lewis Moore, Toby Miller, Chris Primikiris and Beatrice Cameli of Hill Dickinson have written on the recent decision in Dera Commercial Estate v Derya Inc (The SUR) EWHC 1673 ….
- Mind The Gap, reshaping safety culture September 20, 2018An endemic attitude to safety culture in shipping focused on aiming at perfection, which discouraged anyone who made a mistake from revealing that an error had occurred, according to....
- Marine accident round-up : 19th September 2018 September 19, 2018Two port workers suffocated in a cargo hold of wood chips carrier Uni Fortune (IMO 9011193), which was docked at Quy Nhon port, during the morning of September 16th ….
- 12-month detention claim under War and Strikes is a legal nightmare September 19, 2018If there was one clause over the past 10 years that had caused grief for Richard Neylon, London-based partner at legal firm HFW, it would be the ILU War and Strikes Detainment Clause ….
- Insurers could face huge hull loss from Lürssen shipyard fire September 19, 2018The marine divisions of several insurers look to be facing a loss approaching €600m ($720m) as a result of the fire that broke out in superyacht shipyard Lürssen on the morning of Friday ….
- Haley accuses Russia of cheating on sanctions September 19, 2018US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley accused Russia on September 17th of “cheating” on UN sanctions on North Korea and said Washington had “evidence of consistent and wide-ranging ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th September 2018 September 18, 2018A fire broke out aboard 146-metre-yacht Sassi in the building dock of the Lürssen-Yard in Bremen-Vegesack early on September 14th and spread over three decks of the ship and the building ….
- IUMI supports EU paper on Places of Refuge to IMO MSC 100 in December 2018 September 18, 2018Once a casualty has occurred and a vessel is in distress – whether due to fire or any issue threatening its safety – this vessel needs a place of shelter, and the place of refuge convention ….
- Marine accident round-up : 17th September 2018 September 17, 2018Freighter Lada (IMO 9194050) was released in the afternoon of September 8th after several weeks' detention in Port Elizabet, South Africa, for allegedly lacking the required transit permits ….