The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Marine accident round-up : 19th July 2019 July 19, 2019Independent shipowning association BIMCO has put together a guide for how members can use the bunker adjustment factor (BAF) clause to manage rising fuel cost and possible volatility in prices ….
- Offshore support vessel ‘does a runner’ July 19, 2019Offshore support vessel Maridive 702 (IMO 9592197) was arrested earlier this week in Aruba as a result of a $21m claim against the owners by Riverlake Solutions and Stalco …..
- South Africa accedes to HNS compensation treaty July 19, 2019South Africa has become the latest country to accede to the 2010 HNS Convention, a key compensation treaty covering the transport of hazardous and noxious substances (HNS) by ship, the IMO ….
- New arbitration notice clause released July 19, 2019The London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA) has released the Arbitration Notice Clause, which should ensure that notices of arbitration are validly served if the procedure in the …..
- UK sends warship to Persian Gulf to “protect its interests” July 19, 2019The UK is sending warship HMS Kent warship to the Persian Gulf to protect its interests and ensure freedom of navigation the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said on Wednesday …..
- Reported piracy in Asia continues to fall in H1 July 19, 2019Regional piracy watchdog ReCAAP Information Sharing Centre (ISC) has reported that there were 28 incidents of piracy and armed robbery against ships, comprising 25 actual and …..
- Eni files fraud complaint against fired head of oil trading July 19, 2019Italian oil major Eni has filed a fraud complaint against its former head of trading and operations, Alessandro Des Dorides, over a suspect Iraqi crude oil shipment. There were concerns ….
- Fukuichi convicted in Guam pollution case July 18, 2019Japanese fishing company Fukuichi Gyogyo Kabushiki Kaisha (Fukuichi) was convicted and sentenced on July 11th in the District of Guam for two violations of the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships ….
- Failures by crew were probable cause of Long Island collision, says NTSB July 18, 2019The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has determined that the probable cause of the collision between fishing vessel Polaris (IMO 9097111) and tanker Tofteviken (IMO 9285847) was a …..
- Marine accident round-up : 18th July 2019 July 18, 2019Passenger ship Indera Bupala (IMO 9107966) ran aground in bad weather and heavy rain shortly after midnight on July 15th when 1.5 miles off Mengkilo, Bintan ….