The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Carnival: Covid-19 will have “material impact” on earnings February 14, 2020Carnival Corporation has said that it was "closely monitoring the evolving situation with respect to coronavirus” and that its medical experts were coordinating closely with the US Centres ….
- Alarming trends found on Fixed Gas Detection Systems February 14, 2020The US Coast Guard (USCG) has highlighted a trend in an increasing number of deficiencies relating to fixed gas detection systems (FGDS) on liquefied gas carriers ….
- South Korean port operations disrupted by Covid-19 February 14, 2020There has been a build-up in the number of containers in South Korean shipyards following the outbreak of Covid-19 in China. China is South Korea's major trading partner. Vessels bringing ….
- Westerdam allowed to disembark passengers in Cambodia February 14, 2020After being turned away from five Asian countries on what appeared at first sight to be less than rational grounds, cruise ship Westerdam (IMO 9226891) was allowed to dock in Cambodia and ….
- Robbery on ships in Asia, but no piracy in January February 14, 2020ReCAAP Information Sharing Centre has released its January 2020 Report on the situation of piracy and armed robbery against ships in Asia. There were 11 incidents of armed robbery against ….
- Lloyd’s concludes review of LOF, Steamship comments February 14, 2020Steamship Mutual's Ian Freeman, Syndicate Manager Claims, Americas Syndicate has reported that, continuing from the publication of the revised SCOPIC 2018 form, Lloyd’s of London had now ....
- Bunker quality claims in 2020 – issues to consider February 14, 2020Clyde & Co has published a two-part piece on the issues that need to be considered in bunker quality claims Clyde has noted that in recent years the shipping industry has faced a …..
- Marine accident round-up : 14th February 2020 February 14, 2020American destroyer USS Delbert D Black was reported to have sustained millions of dollars in damage after being hit by heavy load carrier Hawk (IMO 8616556), which had been heading into ….
- Turkish customs demanding debunkering of misdeclared fuel February 13, 2020An increasing trend of bunker quantity checks by Turkish Customs officials has been reported by Kalimbassieris Maritime, which has issued an alert, warning of an increase in unannounced …..
- The mystery of the Westerdam February 13, 2020One of the more puzzling aspects of the current Covid-19 outbreak has been a domino-effect panic surrounding passenger ship Westerdam (IMO 9226891) The Westerdam has been denied entry ….