The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Marine accident round-up : 17th July 2018 July 17, 2018Chemical tanker Yong An (IMO 8316998) collided with China-flagged 84-metre vessel Shun Qiang 2 near Shanghai on July 15th. The Shun Qiang 2 sank as a result, with 10 of the 13 crew going ….
- Broker’s error meant owner not informed of second-leg option July 17, 2018In its recent claims review, ship broker and agent P&I mutual insurer ITIC, managed by Thomas Miller, has reported on a case in which ship brokers fixed a charter party that contained an option ….
- Australia rejects sheep exporter’s alternative plan July 17, 2018Australia's Federal Department of Agriculture (FDA) has suspended the licence of livestock exporter EMS Rural Exports. As a result the export to the Middle East of 45,000 of 60,000 sheep ….
- MCA issues set of FAQs about UK and Ballast Water Management Convention July 17, 2018The UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) has issued a set of FAQs relating to the International Maritime Organization's ballast Water management Convention (BWMC 2004) which entered into ….
- Iron Chieftain to be retired July 17, 2018The fire-stricken self-discharging bulk carrier Iron Chieftain (IMO 9047740) is set to be retired after it suffered significant damage sustained during an incident at Port of Kembla ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th July 2018 July 16, 2018Container ship Angeles (IMO 9399791) ran aground on the anchorage of Puerto Cortes in Honduras during the morning of July 12th. The ship drifted aground after having dropped anchor upon its ...
- Singaporean shipping company fined $1M for vessel oil pollution July 16, 2018Singapore-based shipping company Hai Soon Ship Management has been fined US$1m fine and to serve a two-year year probation period for failing to maintain an accurate oil record book and …..
- SSL Kolkata remains aground July 16, 2018A challenging monsoon season continues to cause challenges for the salvors of container ship SSL Kolkata (IMO 9346574), which caught fire and grounded in the in the Bay of Bengal last month ….
- USCG holds public hearing on Bouchard tank barge explosion July 16, 2018The US Coast Guard will open a formal public hearing today, July 16th, to consider evidence relating to the explosion and fire aboard Bouchard No 255 tank barge, resulting in the deaths of ….
- Kea Trader removal will not be before 2019 July 16, 2018Local authorities have announced that the arrival of heavy equipment to remove the wreckage of the Kea Trader will not take place until mid-2019 ….