The latest liability related news, regulation and analysis from the marine insurance sector. Updates of the changes all classes of marine and related support operations.
- Marine accident round-up : 13th September 2019 September 13, 2019More than 70 containers were lost after 2,470-teu Xin Ou 21 developed a heavy starboard list at night off Zhoushan en route to Rizhao, reported Kiev's Maritime Bulletin. The ship is understood ….
- IUMI acts on preventing fires on container vessels September 13, 2019Lars Lange, IUMI Secretary General has reported in the latest IUMI Eye that a number of container ship fires happened early in 2019 (the Yantian Express, APL Vancouver, Grande America …..
- Outbreak of dengue fever in the Philippines September 13, 2019American Club has reported an outbreak of Dengue fever in the Philippines. Dengue fever, an Aedes aegypti mosquito-borne viral disease, has a two-week undetectable incubation period. It causes flu-lik
- Malta will allow migrants to disembark from Alan Kurdi rescue ship September 13, 2019Malta will permit five Tunisian migrants stranded on migrant rescue ship Alan Kurdi to disembark after two European Union countries agreed to take them in, the Maltese government said on ….
- Textualism in interpretation of law making a come back September 13, 2019After several years in which the contextualist approach to the interpretation of the law seemed to be holding sway, recent rulings, including one by Lord Mance, have indicated that textualism ….
- Bulk carrier detained in Australia; crew owed $64,000 September 13, 2019A Chinese-owned bulk carrier, the Panama-flagged Fortune Genius, which was chartered to carry coal to Korea has been detained at the Port of Gladstone by the Australian Maritime Safety …..
- FBI asks for photos and videos of Conception disaster September 13, 2019The FBI on Tuesday asked the public for video or photos of the September 2nd fire aboard the Conception. The FBI has set up a webpage, www.fbi.gov/boatfire, for the submission of images …..
- USCG convenes board of investigation into Conception disaster September 13, 2019The US Coast Guard announced Wednesday that it had convened a formal Marine Board of Investigation (MBI) to investigate the loss of dive-boat Conception —a live-aboard vessel that caught fire …..
- Marine accident round-up : 12th September 2019 September 12, 2019The Guangzhou Maritime Court will sell tankship Bramco 1 (IMO 8814639) by auction on October 8th, four years after Bahraini owner Bramco abandoned the ship at the Cosco Guangzhou …..
- Golden Ray operations shift to environmental protection September 12, 2019With all crew members rescued from capsized vehicle carrier Golden Ray (IMO 9775816), operations will now shift over to environmental protection, removing the vessel and resuming ….