Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- Lloyd’s changes emphasis in geographical focus, more “tactical” approach to emerging markets March 25, 2019Speaking at Marine Insurance London conference on Friday March 22nd, Lloyd's CEO John Neal said that Lloyd's had slightly changed emphasis in its geographical focus ….
- OFAC adds 18 vessels to suspect list on North Korean trading March 25, 2019The US Treasury Department has added 18 ships to its list of vessels suspected of illicit practices in association with North Korea …..
- Venezuelan ports operational, security level 1: North March 25, 2019North of England Club's Venezuela correspondents Venepandi have advised that all ports in the country were are operational and that security remained at ….
- Windward launches Insurance Suite to help marine underwriters March 22, 2019Israel-based maritime risk analytics company Windward has launched an insurance suite to help marine underwriters, which includes Windward's new “Evaluate” fleet analysis product ….
- Australian dockers to strike at DP World over loss of pay protection March 22, 2019A four-port strike is set to hit DP World in Australia today (Friday March 22nd) according to Newark's Journal of Commerce …..
- Flag State Performance Table update from ICS March 22, 2019The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has published its latest annual update of the Flag State Performance Table. The table can be downloaded free of charge via the ICS website ….
- Continued vigilance urged after change to Indian Ocean High Risk Area March 21, 2019After a round table group of international shipping associations, including BIMCO, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), Intercargo and Intertanko, as well as the Oil Companies ….
- China’s Glory Sea reported arrested over unpaid crew wages March 21, 2019Cruise ship Glory Sea (IMO 9183518), which has been sailing for Diamond Cruise International since July 2016, has been reported as placed under arrest by Shanghai Maritime Court due to unpaid …..
- Salvini calls for arrest of crew on Italian migrant rescue ship March 21, 2019Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini has called for the arrest of the crew of an Italian charity ship that was escorted into the port of Lampedusa by police on Tuesday March 19th ….
- Chaucer enters marine insurtech partnership with Concirrus March 21, 2019Specialty international (re)insurance group Chaucer has announced a partnership with insurtech firm Concirrus ….