Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- Time running out in Kolkata September 20, 2018Time is fast running out for Kolkata port, which has been grappling with disruptions ever since a bridge connecting the southwest of the city collapsed on September 4th. Restrictions have been....
- Trade wars generate winners, losers, and opportunities September 19, 2018Trade wars could be viewed as another type of disruptor, from which winners and losers would emerge, according to London-based Mats Persson, EY Head of International Trade ….
- France and UK reported to have reached agreement on scallop fishing September 19, 2018French and UK fisherman are reported by a French Agriculture Ministry official to have reached an agreement to end a dispute over scallop fishing in the English Channel.....
- ICS launches free guidance on preparing for 2020 sulphur cap September 19, 2018The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has produced comprehensive guidance on implementation planning for the 2020 IMO sulphur cap, free of charge, to help ensure compliance across the ….
- Portuguese stevedores plan strike September 19, 2018Portuguese stevedoring unions are planning a 24-hour strike on September 20th with the aim of halting the port operations in Leixoes and Lisbont ….
- Haley accuses Russia of cheating on sanctions September 19, 2018US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley accused Russia on September 17th of “cheating” on UN sanctions on North Korea and said Washington had “evidence of consistent and wide-ranging ….
- IUMI supports EU paper on Places of Refuge to IMO MSC 100 in December 2018 September 18, 2018Once a casualty has occurred and a vessel is in distress – whether due to fire or any issue threatening its safety – this vessel needs a place of shelter, and the place of refuge convention ….
- Thomas Miller to acquire MGA and services operations of Zeller Associates September 18, 2018Insurance service provider Thomas Miller has announced an agreement to purchase the Managing General Agency and Insurance Services operations of specialist insurance services Group ….
- Global marine premiums up by 2% but challenges remain for marine underwriting, says IUMI September 18, 2018Against a positive backdrop of a benign claims environment in some sectors, IUMI's statistics showed an increasing mismatch between premium income, covered risk and claims costs …..
- Berg welcomes marine insurers to Cape Town September 18, 2018In his introduction to the common theme on this year's IUMI conference, "Managing Emerging Risks and Exposures – Think the unthinkable", Association President Dieter Berg said that it was not so much