Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- Cross-channel seaports badly hit under Yellowhammer scenario September 16, 2019The document claimed by the UK government to reflect its reasonable worst-case scenario – Yellowhammer – reveals deep concerns at the potential impact on the flow of traffic through …..
- Middle East shipping stabilized by UK navy, says Fleet Commander September 16, 2019The Royal Navy’s decision to send warships to the Strait of Hormuz has helped to stabilize commercial shipping there, Vice Admiral Jerry Kyd, the Royal Navy’s Fleet Commander, said on Thursday …..
- Chinese state-owned insurer protects exporters from shipping problems September 16, 2019A state-owned Chinese insurer is supporting Chinese exporters with low cost coverage, chasing up US importers who prove unwilling or unable to pay mounting tariffs ….
- Greenpeace closes part of Houston Ship Channel September 16, 2019More than 20 Greenpeace USA climbers formed a blockade from the Fred Hartman Bridge in Baytown, Texas, on September 12th, forcing the closure of the Houston Ship Channel ….
- Ukraine: new procedures for taking ecological samples September 16, 2019The Government of Ukraine has now published the full text of the Regulation on Inspection, Taking Samples of Water and Conducting its Analysis and which came into force on September ….
- IUMI “confronting the chaos, a sustainable future?”: Turner says increase in protectionism impacts trade September 16, 2019The theme for this year's International Union of Marine Insurance conference in Toronto, Canada, is "Confronting the chaos, a sustainable future?" and in his welcome to the press, IUMI ….
- Outbreak of dengue fever in the Philippines September 13, 2019American Club has reported an outbreak of Dengue fever in the Philippines. Dengue fever, an Aedes aegypti mosquito-borne viral disease, has a two-week undetectable incubation period. It causes flu-lik
- Malta will allow migrants to disembark from Alan Kurdi rescue ship September 13, 2019Malta will permit five Tunisian migrants stranded on migrant rescue ship Alan Kurdi to disembark after two European Union countries agreed to take them in, the Maltese government said on ….
- American attitude of “exceptionalism” sometimes works: Busvine September 13, 2019Although there are clear problems with the attitude of the US that it is "different" and therefore has to go about things in its own way, the fact of the matter is that sometimes this …..
- S&P Global Ratings affirms Britannia’s rating as ‘A’ (stable) September 12, 2019Britannia P&I Club’s overall credit rating has been re-affirmed as ‘A’ (stable) by S&P Global Ratings. S&P said that the outlook for Britannia was stable over the next two years, based on ….