Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- Sulphur 2020 – China and France November 14, 2019Steamship Mutual has said that it has received some updates on the new sulphur restrictions that relate to China and France. In China the China Classification Society (CCS) has ….
- Torm to postpone some scrubber installations until next year November 14, 2019The problems encountered by several shipping companies in timing their installation of scrubbers optimally appeared this week to have claimed another scalp, with Copenhagen-headquartered ….
- Pirate attack in Gulf of Mexico November 14, 2019Pirates attacked offshore supply vessel Remas (IMO 9586459) in the southern Gulf of Mexico, injuring two crew members, the Mexican Navy said on November 12th ….
- BIMCO and ICS among organizations backing carbon levy November 14, 2019BIMCO and the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) are two of the five shipping associations arguing at this week's International Maritime Organization (IMO) for a carbon levy as one …..
- Customs & Border Protection NY revokes restricted shore leave policy November 14, 2019UK P&I Club has noted that its Members were recently notified of a new Shore Leave Policy announced by the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office in New York that would ….
- Indonesia: nickel ore exports resume on a limited basis November 13, 2019Last week the Indonesian authorities allowed a limited number of nickel ore exporters who had complied with export rules to resume nickel ore shipments, reports Britannia ....
- EU agrees to sanctions on Turkey over Cyprus drilling November 13, 2019EU foreign ministers have agreed to economic sanctions on Turkish individuals, entities and companies involved in drilling off the coast of Cyprus. The announcement on Monday November …..
- IMO makes data structures available to software developers November 13, 2019The International Maritime Organization has made its compendium of data structures available as a tool for software developers to create systems for exchanging data ….
- Japan Club advises on 2020 Sulphur Cap precautions November 13, 2019Japan P&I Club has released advice for its members on the precautions required ahead of the January 2020 0.50% sulphur cap with regard to Compatibility and Cold Flow Properties of ….
- Using blockchain to tackle dangerous goods cargoes November 13, 2019The frequency of container fires had been a long-standing concern, while the events in Tianjin back in 2015 showed that this was not a problem confined to vessels – ports were also ….