Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- Yemen – update from Gard on port situation January 18, 2019There have been no major changes to the status of Yemeni ports, or to the port entry clearance conditions, since the Hodeidah ceasefire "Stockholm" agreement entered into force on …..
- Increase in piracy last year, West Africa the new hotspot January 18, 2019Piracy increased in 2018, with the most significant rise in attacks being against ships and crews around West Africa, according to a report from the International ….
- “Market Developments” a new top-five marine risk: AGCS Risk Barometer January 18, 2019In Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty's just released "Risk Barometer for 2019", it has listed in the appendix the top five risks for marine and ….
- ASM says plans are in place at Dover to continue handling current volumes January 17, 2019Fears that the Port of Dover would face chaos in the event of a no-deal Brexit have been assuaged by Agency Sector Management (ASM), which said that plans were in place to continue ….
- OCIMF extends access to TMSA reports January 17, 2019Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) has extended the availability of Tanker Management & Self Assessment (TMSA) reports, with non-OCIMF members who are registered as ….
- USCG certification bureau not processing COFRs January 17, 2019Steamship Mutual Club correspondents Lamorte Burns have warned clients and their Members that, as far as it understands, the Vessel Certification Bureau (VCB) of the US Coast Guard had not ….
- Department of Homeland Security asks for special payments to US Coast Guard January 17, 2019US Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has said that she was working with the White House and Congress to pass legislation to fund the US Coast Guard so that its workers ….
- EU, China and the US needs to support counter-piracy operations in the Gulf of Guinea, says BIMCO January 16, 2019Piracy in the Gulf of Guinea has become an unacceptable burden to seafarers and shipping companies, international shipping association …..
- New 2019 tariffs for pollution fines in Turkish waters January 16, 2019The 2019 Tariff for the pollution fines as published by the Turkish Ministry of Environment is as follows ….
- Piracy incidents in ReCAAP area at lowest for a decade January 16, 2019There were only 76 incidents reported to ReCAAP Information Sharing Centre in 2018, a 25% year-on-year decrease and the lowest figure for …..