Political Risk, Credit & Finance
The latest changes in political risk, credit, finance that effect the marine insurance market.
- New vaccination certificates required for Filipino crewmembers December 11, 2019UK Club has notified members of a change in the requirements for vaccination and certification of Filipino crewmembers visiting certain ports as a result of a recent outbreak of polio …..
- Update from Matcham on the major claims database project December 11, 2019In the latest IUMI Eye, Dave Matcham, Chief Executive, International Underwriting Association and member of the IUMI Facts & Figures Committee has updated on the Major Claims Database project ….
- ACCC takes action against TasPorts for alleged misuse of market dominance December 11, 2019The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has begun Federal Court proceedings against state-owned port owner Tasmanian Ports Corporation (TasPorts), alleging the misuse of ….
- Five per cent P&I general increase from Swedish Club, FD&D held to zero December 10, 2019The Board of The Swedish Club has announced a 5% General Increase for P&I in 2020. The Club said that this reflected "the balanced approach adopted by the Club to meet the needs of its members …..
- Libya – port situation update from Gard December 10, 2019Despite recent reports of unrest in Libya’s capital Tripoli, Gard said at the end of last month that there had been no further changes to the working status of Libyan ports ....
- Kuwait joins India in ban on single-use plastic onboard ships December 10, 2019Although the enforcement of India’s requirement for ships to keep single-use plastic items locked in a store whilst in Indian territorial waters has been delayed until further notice, Kuwait ….
- Scrubber installations take 3.6% of the container shipping fleet out the market December 10, 2019Scrubber retrofits have taken nearly 839,100 teu of containership capacity out of the market, equal to 3.6% of the fleet, reports analyst Alphaliner. Where retrofitting of scrubbers has …..
- Slowing in GDP growth globally a concern, says IUMI December 10, 2019In the statistical report from IUMI, published last week, the association said that growth in global GDP had slowed to 2.7%, in an increasingly uncertain political and trading ….
- Marsh P&I Review: Part Four of Four December 10, 2019John Trew, Special Advisor to Marsh JLT, has provided a short pre-renewal overview of each P&I club, providing information on their recent performance, their client offering and what challenges ….
- Marsh JLT P&I Club assessment (3 of 4) December 9, 2019John Trew, Marsh Special Advisor, has offered in Marsh JLT's P&I pre-renewal Review a potted summary of each of the clubs individually, attempting to capture the intangible as well as …..