Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- US legislation would impose new rules on certain passenger vessels January 7, 2020Two US congressmen and one senator from California have introduced legislation that would impose new fire safety and safety management system requirements on Subchapter T passenger vessels ….
- MSC Grandiosa crashes into pier as it comes in to dock in Italy January 3, 2020New cruise ship MSC Grandiosa (IMO 9803613) allided with a pier in the port of Palermo, Sicily, during the morning of December 30th while manoeuvring in port while mooring ….
- Cruise ships collide in Cozumel January 2, 2020Two Carnival cruise ships, Carnival Glory (IMO 9198367) and Carnival Legend (IMO 9224726), collided off the Mexican island of Cozumel Friday. The Legend, which was stationary at the time ….
- NZ inquiry into White Island disaster could take a year December 18, 2019Official inquiries into last week’s fatal volcano eruption on White Island, New Zealand, could take up to a year, and will carry potential criminal penalties of up to five years in jail …..
- Bodies recovered from victims of White Island volcano eruption December 16, 2019A New Zealand military team has recovered six bodies from White Island, whose volcano erupted this week, killing many of the 47 people who were touring the island at the time ….
- Mission to White Island planned for today to retrieve bodies December 13, 2019Police in New Zealand are planning a mission to White Island today, December 13th, to retrieve the bodies of the people killed in this week’s eruption. The known death toll yesterday rose to ….
- Danger of fresh eruption prevents search parties landing on White Island December 12, 2019The threat of the volcano on White Island off New Zealand erupting again has prevented rescuers from setting foot on the island in any attempt to find survivors. However, aerial …..
- Cruise ship close to erupting NZ volcano, many dead December 10, 2019Royal Caribbean cruise ship Ovation of the Seas (IMO 9697753) was close to White Island volcano, which erupted on Monday afternoon when up to 50 people were on the island …..
- Second illness outbreak in a week on same cruise ship December 5, 2019Paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics treated 10 people aboard cruise ship Norwegian Joy (IMO 9703796) for minor medical complaints after the ship docked early on …..
- Hundreds of people reported taken off cruise ship after Norovirus outbreak November 27, 2019After cruise vessel Norwegian Joy (IMO 9703796), which was on a 16-day cruise having left Florida, docked at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro, several passengers were assessed by ….