Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Nippon Maru captain found to have excess alcohol in bloodstream January 11, 2019After passenger ship (non-cargo non-ferry) Nippon Maru (IMO 8817631) scraped a harbour pier in Apra Port, Guam, striking a US Navy fuel pipe as it was departing on December 30th ….
- Insufficient maintenance caused passenger vessel fire December 14, 2018The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has said that an insufficient preventative maintenance programme and lack of guidance for responding to engine high-temperature …..
- MSC Cruise employees arrested on cocaine smuggling charges December 11, 2018Four South African women who were employed as crew by MSC Cruises have been arrested on charges of smuggling cocaine to Miami, Florida, reports ….
- Maritime NZ seeking a fine for fatal accident on cruise ship November 29, 2018Maritime New Zealand is seeking $800,000 in compensation for the family of Allan Navales, a Filipino seafarer who was killed when a gas cylinder burst aboard cruise ship Emerald Princess ...
- Markel Intl partners with European yacht insurance provider November 29, 2018London-based specialty Markel International partner is to partner with European yacht insurance provider Pantaenius ….
- Norwegian Jade passengers to get full refund November 29, 2018On November 18th Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) advised passengers who were on board the Norwegian Jade (IMO 9304057) that the vessel could not continue …..
- Dealing with difficult charterers under the MYBA form November 27, 2018Milly Brooks, Deputy Syndicate manager at Shipowners' Club has written on the problems that can arise for owners when dealing with difficult charterers under the MYBA Charter Agreement ….
- How humans react in emergencies November 15, 2018Shipowners' Club has noted in a new article that effective crowd and crisis management was paramount in managing emergencies on passenger vessels. In the event of an emergency ….
- Excellent had requested help of tugs ahead of Barcelona port crash November 2, 2018Passenger/Cargo RoRo Excellent (IMO 9143441), which crashed into the Terminal de Contenedores at the port of Barcelona early on October 31st (see yesterday's Insurance Marine News) had entered ….
- Half the 390 yachts in marina, dozens of superyachts, damaged in Rapallo storm November 2, 2018Dozens of superyachts, motorboats and sailboats were heavily damaged or sunk during a violent storm in Rapallo, east of Genoa on the Ligurian coast, on October 30th. The dam of the marina ….