Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Cruise ship Viking Sky heading for port after engines restarted March 25, 2019Cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) lost power on Saturday March 23rd while sailing from Tromso to Stavanger, focing an evacuation order in heavy seas ….
- Japanese high-speed ferry apparently hits whale; many passengers injured March 11, 2019More than 80 passengers were injured, several of them seriously, after a high-speed hydrofoil ferry hit an object, probably a whale, in the Sea of Japan ….
- Cruise ship lists in strong winds, passengers injured March 7, 2019Cruise ship Norwegian Escape (IMO 9677076)heeled over during strong winds on Sunday March 3rd of the US eastern seaboard after her departure from New York, causing cosmetic damage to the ….
- Wastewater management practice problems highlighted by Sydney ferry fatality March 1, 2019The importance of properly maintaining chemical toilets onboard ship has been brought into the spotlight following an incident in February onboard a Sydney Harbour-operating …..
- Two MSC ships in allision February 25, 2019Cruise ship MSC Orchestra (IMO 9320099) allided with cruise ship MSC Poesia (IMO 9387073) at the Benito Quinquela Martín at the port of Buenos Aires during the afternoon of February 20th ….
- Exiting certain lines does not save Brit from 2018 loss February 18, 2019Insurer Brit, a subsidiary of Canada-based Fairfax Holdings, reported a loss of $166.5m in 2018, but Brit Ltd group CEO Matthew Wilson said that "in this challenging market, we have ….
- Cruise ship loses some power, diverts to port, crashes into mooring points February 18, 2019Cruise ship Norwegian Epic (IMO 9410569) struck and sunk two mooring points on a pier as it arrived at the Port of San Juan, Puerto Rico on February 12th. The vessel reportedly had suffered ….
- Scenic Eclipse launch put back, again February 15, 2019Scenic Eclipse, promoted as the world's most luxurious cruise ship and its first “discovery yacht”, has had its launch postponed for a third time, with August 15th 2019 now the ….
- Puzzling death of woman in Sydney on private events cruise ship February 7, 2019The death of a woman on luxury cruise ship near Sydney Harbour, Australia, Lady Rose remained a mystery after KazMayt teams found extremely dangerous levels of hydrogen ….
- The grounding of Greenings CV24 February 5, 2019On October 31st 2017 CV 24 Greenings grounded with 18 crew on board in what was a life-threatening situation off Cape Town on a leg of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, in a leg ….