Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- FBI asks for photos and videos of Conception disaster September 13, 2019The FBI on Tuesday asked the public for video or photos of the September 2nd fire aboard the Conception. The FBI has set up a webpage, www.fbi.gov/boatfire, for the submission of images …..
- USCG convenes board of investigation into Conception disaster September 13, 2019The US Coast Guard announced Wednesday that it had convened a formal Marine Board of Investigation (MBI) to investigate the loss of dive-boat Conception —a live-aboard vessel that caught fire …..
- Marine accident round-up : 12th September 2019 September 12, 2019The Guangzhou Maritime Court will sell tankship Bramco 1 (IMO 8814639) by auction on October 8th, four years after Bahraini owner Bramco abandoned the ship at the Cosco Guangzhou …..
- Ports reopen in Grand Bahama after Dorian September 10, 2019All ports in Grand Bahama have reopened and business is now fully operational in Nassau – which is the second-most populated cruise destination in the Caribbean ….
- Search warrants issued on Truth Aquatics after Conception fire and sinking September 10, 2019The US Coast Guard Investigative Service has served search warrants on Truth Aquatics, the owner of sunken dive boat Conception, as part of an ongoing investigation. The Coast Guard was …..
- Smoke inhalation probable cause of passenger deaths on California boat September 9, 2019The 34 people who died early last week when dive boat Conception caught fire and sank off Santa Cruze, an island off the southern California mainland coast, probably died from smoke …..
- Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act of 1851 is under spotlight after California boat fire September 9, 2019Truth Aquatics, the owner of dive ship Conception that caught fire last week, killing all 33 passengers and one crew member, has filed a petition in the US District Court in Los Angeles …..
- California boat fire investigators interview the captain and crew September 6, 2019US federal investigators interviewed the captain and crew of dive boat Conception on Wednesday September 4th. The vessel caught fire around 03:15 local time on Monday morning and sank off …..
- Bahamas begins recovery from Hurricane Dorian September 5, 2019With debris and floods covering much of the Bahamas as a result of Hurricane Dorian, and with the Abacos and Grand Bahama suffering one of the worst hurricanes in history, the major impact ….
- California scuba-diving boat fire investigation begins September 5, 2019An investigation has begun into the fatal fire on leisure boat Conception at the weekend, off the southern California island of Santa Cruz. Federal safety investigators on promised an ….