Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Two-tier liability scheme under Passenger Liability Regulation May 20, 2019Shipowners Club has updated members on the Passenger Liability Regulation (PLR), which as of December 31st 2018 became compulsory for all ….
- Six cruise passengers killed as tour planes collide in Alaska May 16, 2019The bodies of the final two victims of an Alaska seaplane mid-air crash were recovered after a 27-hour search of George ….
- Freewinds quarantine continues in Curacao May 8, 2019Cruise ship Freewinds (IMO 6810811) has returned to her home port in Netherlands territory Curacao, where she will remain in quarantine while the ….
- Freewinds heading back to Curacao after measles quarantine May 7, 2019Cruise ship Freewinds (IMO 6810811), which had been quarantined by the island of St Lucia because of a measles outbreak, left St Lucia during the ….
- Fire on shrimp trawler was result of mechanical failure, says NTSB May 3, 2019A fire on and subsequent sinking of shrimp trawler Ole Betts Sea (IMO 7943495) was a mechanical failure of the generator’s diesel engine, which led to …..
- Gaps in international law when laws are broken on cruise ships May 3, 2019A suspect who was accused last month of sexual assault on a cruise ship was released by a Spanish judge who said he had no jurisdiction in the case ….
- Quarantine imposed on Scientology cruise ship May 3, 2019St. Lucia in the Caribbean has imposed a quarantine on visiting cruise ship Freewinds (IMO 6810811) after a case of measles was diagnosed on board ….
- Malaysian government sells confiscated superyacht for $126m April 11, 2019The Malaysian government has agreed to sell luxury yacht Equanimity (IMO 1012086) to casino operator Genting Malaysia, which will use it to entertain ….
- Royal Caribbean confirms three tour cancellations after crane accident April 9, 2019Royal Caribbean has confirmed the cancellation of three week-long sailings for cruise ship Oasis of the Seas (IMO 9383936) following an accident with a dry dock crane in the ….
- Malaysia sells Equanimity at a significant discount April 5, 2019Malaysia has sold 91.5-metre superyacht Equanimity for $126m, considerably less than the $250m its previous owner paid for it a few years ….