Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Excellent had requested help of tugs ahead of Barcelona port crash November 2, 2018Passenger/Cargo RoRo Excellent (IMO 9143441), which crashed into the Terminal de Contenedores at the port of Barcelona early on October 31st (see yesterday's Insurance Marine News) had entered ….
- Half the 390 yachts in marina, dozens of superyachts, damaged in Rapallo storm November 2, 2018Dozens of superyachts, motorboats and sailboats were heavily damaged or sunk during a violent storm in Rapallo, east of Genoa on the Ligurian coast, on October 30th. The dam of the marina ….
- Megayacht involved in fatal collision October 31, 2018Megayacht Attessa IV (IMO 9179830) collided with 65ft sportfisher Prowler in the Pacific Ocean approximately nine miles offshore of Imperial Beach, near the US-Mexico border, during the …..
- Marine accident round-up : 30th October 2018 October 30, 2018A fire broke out in the engine room of passenger ship Cruise Ausonia (IMO 9227429) before dawn on October 28th while she was about 18 miles from Ustica, en route from Palermo to Livorno ….
- Ripley Entertainment and Branson Duck Vehicles invoke 1851 law to limit liability October 22, 2018Orlando, Florida-based Ripley Entertainment and Branson, Missouri-based Branson Duck Vehicles, which are facing multiple lawsuits over the July 19th incident when Stretch Duck 7 sank in a ….
- IMU adds “information risk coverage” October 18, 2018New York City-based International Marine Underwriters (IMU), a member of Minnesota-based OneBeacon Insurance Group, has begun to offer "information risk coverage" which it said would " ….
- Marine insurance hit hard by Lürssen fire October 11, 2018Claims as a result of the fire that hit the Lürssen shipyard in September are likely to reach €600m ($690m), with up to 30 marine insurance syndicates on the hook for their share, reports ….
- Cruise ship refunds passengers after 1,300 men “take over” vessel October 5, 2018Newsweek has reported of an incident in which the operators of cruise ship Voyager Of The Seas (IMO 9161716) decided to refund passengers after the ship was overrun with more than …..
- Many passengers fall ill on Aida Cruises ship September 25, 2018Dozens of cruise ship passengers who fell ill during their voyage on cruise ship Aidaperla (IMO 9636967) were held on board last Thursday September 20th after the liner moored in ….
- Typhoon Mangkhut devastates small vessels in Hong Kong September 24, 2018Hundreds of badly damaged small vessels were washed ashore on and around Hong Kong as a result of Typhoon Mangkhut last week, while many others simply sunk ….