Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Westerdam allowed to disembark passengers in Cambodia February 14, 2020After being turned away from five Asian countries on what appeared at first sight to be less than rational grounds, cruise ship Westerdam (IMO 9226891) was allowed to dock in Cambodia and ….
- Japan allows some elderly passengers to leave the Diamond Princess February 14, 2020Amid growing international criticism that isolating several thousand people on a cruise ship was perhaps the worst way possible to stop a virus from spreading, Japan's health minister ….
- The mystery of the Westerdam February 13, 2020One of the more puzzling aspects of the current Covid-19 outbreak has been a domino-effect panic surrounding passenger ship Westerdam (IMO 9226891) The Westerdam has been denied entry ….
- Cruise ship rejected by Japan returns to Taiwan February 12, 2020Cruise ship Superstar Aquarius (IMO 9008421), which was turned away from Japan because of nCoV fears returned to Taiwan on Saturday February 8th. Everyone on board tested negative …..
- Holland America working on solution for 14-day cruise ship barred from ports February 12, 2020Holland America Line is working on a solution to enable passenger ship Westerdam (IMO 9226891) to dock and disembark passengers. The Westerdam has been denied entry to several ports due ….
- 1994 ferry sinking remains a live issue for families of victims February 12, 2020Passengers and families of victims of the ferry Estonia, which sank in 1994 claiming the lives of hundreds of people, are seeking an additional investigation into the causes of the ….
- Significant increase in nCoV infections on Diamond Princess February 11, 2020The operator of passenger cruise ship Diamond Princess (IMO 9228198) confirmed yesterday morning that there were 66 new infections of nCoV on the vessel, bringing the total ….
- RCL bans holders of Chinese passports from boarding its ships February 11, 2020Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL) has banned “any guests holding a Chinese, Hong Kong or Macau passports, regardless of when they were there last” from boarding the ….
- Cruise ship sees 10 people test positive for nCoV February 6, 2020At least 10 people on board cruise ship Diamond Princess, which is docked and quarantined in the Japanese port of Yokohama, have tested positive for coronavirus, health authorities said ….
- UK-flagged Diamond Princess quarantined following positive test for nCoV February 5, 2020Japan has quarantined cruise ship Diamond Princess (IMO 9228198), which was bound for Yokohama, after a Hong Kong man who sailed on it last month tested positive for ….