Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Mein Schiff 3 leaves Cuxhaven after a month June 2, 2020Cruise ship Mein Schiff 3'(IMO 9641730) left Steubenhöft wharf, Cuxhaven on May 29th after a month's unintended stay. She was headed towards the German Bight. There had been 2,900 crew on …..
- IGI launches marine trades product June 2, 2020Bermuda-registered niche international specialist commercial insurer and reinsurer IGI has launched a Marine Trades insurance product, strengthening an existing portfolio of marine ….
- Idle cruise ships being hired as migrant floating hotels June 2, 2020Passenger ship Jade (IMO 8529686) has become the fourth cruise boat to be rented by Maltese authorities to house migrants rescued in Maltese waters. A further 75 people were found by the ….
- Canada extends ban on cruise ships until October 31st June 2, 2020Canada has extended its ban on cruise ships calling at its ports until October 31st. Transport Minister Marc Garneau said that cruise ships with overnight accommodations that carry more than ...
- African crew members finally get ashore June 2, 2020Cruise ship Carnival Fascination (IMO 9041253), which initially had been refused permission to dock in Wavis Bay, Namibia in order to repatriate about 130 African crew members, was given ….
- Covid-19 cases on cruise ships possibly significantly underestimated, study finds June 1, 2020Some four-fifths of Covid-19-infected personnel on the cruise ship Greg Mortimer had no symptoms, illustrating the challenges for post-cruise infection control, a study published on Friday ….
- Windstar plans September resumption for some cruise itineraries May 29, 2020Windstar Cruises plans to resume cruise itineraries from early in September. Its 148-guest, 1988-built, Bahamas-flagged 5,736 gt Wind Spirit (IMO 8603509), entered with Steamship Mutual ….
- Cruise ship prohibition extended in Australia May 28, 2020The current restriction on cruise ships entering Australian waters has been extended for a further three months, until September 17th. Any cruise ship capable of carrying more than ….
- TUI Cruises begins repatriation of seafarers aided by unions and German Government May 27, 2020Repatriations have started for the crew of TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff 3 (IMO 9641730) using charter flights from Germany, and aided by the International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) ….
- Return of cruises on August 1st is “still very uncertain” May 27, 2020Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy has stated in a letter to crew members that “while we hope to bring back a small number of ships on August 1st, that is still very uncertain” ….