Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- BOKA Vanguard lifts Carnival Vista July 17, 2019Taking 12 hours, Boskalis semi-submersible heavy lift ship BOKA Vanguard has successfully floated cruise ship Carnival Vista (IMO 9692569) aboard in order to facilitate repairs ….
- A near-miss in Venice from large cruise ship July 11, 2019Passenger cruise ship Costa Deliziosa (IMO 9398917), with capacity for approaching 3,000 people, swerved close to two Venice docks and to other vessels in the middle of a thunderstorm in Venice. One o
- UK Department of Transport launches Maritime Safety Action Plan July 5, 2019The UK Department of Transport has launched a Maritime Safety Action plan The campaign, targeting recreational boaters, is part of the first Maritime Safety Action plan, which sets …..
- Syndicate results 2018 #61 Syndicate 5151 Endurance/ Sompo International July 5, 2019The Lloyd's syndicates have now published their results and, in some cases, added detail and an outlook for 2019. As last year, IMN is summarizing the results from all syndicates that ...
- Arctic/Antarctic SARs could face logistical difficulties July 3, 2019A lack of available search and rescue resources is one of the major potential challenges facing ship operators in the Arctic or Antarctica, according to Cruise Industry News ….
- Captain of Viking Sigyn cleared of drugs or drink abuse June 20, 2019No evidence was found of alcohol or drug abuse by the captain of inland marine cruise ship Viking Signy, which struck and sank tourist vessel Hableany on May 29th, resulting in the ….
- HKCYIA signs deal with local insurance broker June 20, 2019The Hong Kong Cruise and Yacht Industry Association (HKCYIA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Hong Kong insurance broker Voyager Risk Solutions Ltd to support its ….
- Viking Sigyn captain released on bail June 14, 2019The captain of inland marine cruise ship Viking Sigyn was released on bail on Wednesday June 12th, two weeks after his vessel was involved in a collision ….
- Sunken tourist boat being readied for raising June 11, 2019Hungarian salvage crews were preparing on Monday June 10th to raise the wreck of the tourist boat that that capsized on May 29th on the River …..
- Norwegian Sun returns to Canaveral after Cuba cancellation June 10, 2019Cruise ship Norwegian Sun (IMO 9218131) returned to Port Canaveral on June 7th, a few days after a US State |Department announcement that banned US cruise ships from making stops in Cuba. It was diver