Retail Marine Insurance
Covering news from the retail marine business including claims on yachts and super-yachts.
- Ruby Princess docks south of Sydney April 7, 2020Cruise ship Ruby Princess (IMO 9378462) docked south of Sydney, New South Wales, on April 6th to get help for sick crew members, who required urgent medical treatment ….
- Prolonged layups at Carnival April 7, 2020Carnival Corp has said that it expected to put the vast majority of its ships in prolonged layups during the global pause of its cruise operations brought about by the coronavirus ….
- BC Ferries suspends some major sailings for 60 days, lays off hundreds April 7, 2020British Columbian ferry operator BC Ferries has suspended services along some major routes and is cutting sailings on others after traffic fell dramatically because of the Covid-19 pandemic ….
- Crew members still stuck on cruise ship weeks after docking in Charleston April 7, 2020Cruise ship Carnival Sunshine (IMO 9070058), which is docked in Charleston harbour, South Carolina, will stay there until at least May 11th, according to the South Carolina Ports ….
- Viking Line’s services remain at a reduced level April 7, 2020Viking Line has said that it would be continuing to keep service on the Baltic Sea at a reduced level. Four of the Company’s seven vessels would sail primarily with cargo between Finland ….
- Venezuelan Navy ship collides with expedition cruise ship April 6, 2020A Venezuelan Navy ship sank on March 30th after she collided with the RCGS Resolute (IMO 9000168) in international waters off the island of La Tortuga. Columbia Cruise Services said that …..
- Queen Mary 2 departs Durban after six South Africans disembark April 6, 2020South Africa's Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) has confirmed that 149,215 gt cruise vessel Queen Mary 2 (IMO 9241061) had departed the port of Durban after six South African crew ….
- Zaandam and Rotterdam finally dock in Florida April 6, 2020A three-week journey along the coasts of two continents and two oceans has come to a temporary halt for the cruise ships Zaandam (IMO 9156527) and Rotterdam, (IMO 9122552) which has ….
- More than 10,000 foreign workers on board 11 cruise ships off Australian coast April 6, 2020The Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) has estimated that there could be up to 11,000 foreign workers on board 11 foreign cruise ships currently in Australian waters ….
- Virus-hit cruise ships not welcomed as politicians protect residents April 2, 2020Florida governor Ron DeSantis has said that he was concerned that permitting sick people on board cruise ships Zaandam (IMO 9156527) and Rotterdam (IMO 9122552) to disembark at Port ….