Marine Insurance Legal
Covering the latest law firm activity in the marine insurance sector.
- Release of refugee boat captain upheld by Italian Supreme Court January 22, 2020The shift in Italy's official attitude to migrant/refugees arriving by sea was emphasized last Friday when Italy's Supreme Court of Cassation upheld the release of Captain Carola Rackete, ….
- “Roadmap For A Sustainable Future”: Marine Insurance London agenda published January 21, 2020This year's Marine Insurance London: "Roadmap For A Sustainable Future" takes place at Etc Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London, on March 20th. The full agenda has now been published, with panel ...
- New legal action in Conception case January 18, 2020Four families of victims of the fire on dive boat Conception last September 2nd off the coast of southern California have filed suit against the owners of the vessel. They announced through ….
- Six prosecuted In $8m cobalt theft January 15, 2020The Public Prosecution Service (OM) in Rotterdam, Netherlands, is pursuing charges against six men for the theft of 114 tons of cobalt from the Port of Rotterdam. The stolen cargo had a …..
- Agreement reached on sale of detained tanker January 15, 2020Croatian shipping company Alpha Adriatic, which was previously known as Uljanik Plovidba, signed an agreement with bankers on December 31st 2019 to sell detained chemical/oil products tanker ….
- Reform of Japanese law for liability for oil pollution damages January 15, 2020Japan Club's latest newsletter reports that the Japanese Law for Liability for Oil Pollution Damages has been partially revised. Brought in in response to International Convention on Civil ….
- Wages recovered for unpaid Chinese crewmen January 15, 2020The Chinese province of Guangdong said that it had recovered the outstanding wages for 22 crewmen, helped by Guangzhou Maritime Court, reports Dredging and Port Construction ….
- Clyde & Co adds four marine partners to global team January 14, 2020Law firm Clyde & Co has been expanding its global marine team, with the appointment of four new partners in Flasgo, London, Sydney and Shanghai. 1) Stefanie Johnston has been appointed as …..
- Extinction Rebellion protestors arrested for unauthorized boarding January 14, 2020Police in Scotland have arrested a group of protesters with Extinction Rebellion after an unauthorized boarding of the jackup rig Valaris JU-122 (Ensco 122) on the River Tay, Dundee …..
- South Korean Court rejects arrest warrant for ex-coast guard chief in Sewol probe January 14, 2020The Seoul Central District Court has denied a request for a warrant to arrest Kim Suk-kyoon, who led the Korea Coast Guard in the immediate aftermath of the April 2014 sinking of South Korean …..