Marine Insurance Legal
Covering the latest law firm activity in the marine insurance sector.
- Owner claims against ship manager after California ballast fine November 14, 2018A claim recently handled by professional indemnity insurer International Transport Intermediaries Club (ITIC) illustrated how any failure to keep proper onboard records of …..
- Enforcing judgment in China made simpler with new Singapore Judicial Agreement November 13, 2018Legal firm Clyde and Co has said that the recent signing of a Memorandum of Guidance (MOG) between the Supreme Court of Singapore and the Supreme People's Court (SPC) of the ….
- What is a reasonable salvage settlement? Australian law November 13, 2018Kirsten James, associate at legal firm HFW, has written that it is not often that an Australian court considers as many maritime law issues as were examined in the recent Federal Court …..
- Captain of sunken duck boat faces federal charges November 12, 2018The captain of World War II-style tourist duck boat Stretch Duck 7, which sank on Table Rock Lake, Branson, Missouri during a sudden storm on July 19th, leading to the death of ….
- Vietnam Appeal Court stops enforcement of Singaporean arbitration November 12, 2018Fiona Li, Steamship Mutual Claims Manager, Hong Kong office, has reported on a case where, in a shipowner’s application supported by the Club, a Singaporean arbitration award was sought ….
- Standard Club urges caution on continuing seaworthiness contract terms November 12, 2018Standard Club has said that from time to time members had been offered contractual terms with counterparties that required the shipowner to provide a continuing warranty of seaworthiness ….
- Ruling makes clearer “alternative arrangements” and “but for” principles when force majeure used to decline claim November 9, 2018In the recent case of Classic Maritime Inc. v Limbungan Makmur SDN BHD, Lion Diversified Holdings BHD (2018), the High Court under Teare J provided some insightful commentary on ….
- KJ Shipping reportedly sues RSA, Allied World, Singapore arm of Axa November 9, 2018Indian shipping company KJ Shipping reportedly has filed suit against, insurers, RSA, the Singaporean arm of Axa and Allied World Assurance, claiming $416,000 plus interests and …..
- Recent developments on establishing a limitation fund in Singapore and the UAE November 8, 2018UK Club has reported on the establishment of limitation funds in Singapore. It noted that under the Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims 1976 shipowners could limit ….
- Chen Deshun reported to have been placed on social credit blacklist November 7, 2018A Wenzhou, China court has placed Chen Deshun, owner of Tianjin Shunhang Shipping and CSC Phoenix, on a social credit blacklist because he has failed to comply with court rulings....