Marine Insurance Legal
Covering the latest law firm activity in the marine insurance sector.
- What happens when you issue multiple sets of bills of lading? May 24, 2019Swedish Club has warned members that, to minimize the risk of conflicting claims of title for the cargo, it was crucial to have just one set of original …..
- Practical issues in the pursuit and defence of cargo claims May 24, 2019Pamela Dunning, Associate at Birketts LLP, has written on the UK Club web site on the new rules on disclosure recently introduced in the English ….
- Tugboat captain and pilot at fault in Sunshine Bridge crash, say company officials May 23, 2019Marquette Transportation's president and other company officials have placed the blame for the Sunshine Bridge crash on the tugboat captain and pilot ….
- Evridiki owner, operator, chief engineer, charged over pollution infractions May 23, 2019A US jury has charged Evridiki Navigation Inc, Liquimar Tankers Management Services Inc and tanker Evridiki (IMO 9318137) Chief Engineer Nikolaos ….
- Settlement reached between Netherlands and Russia on Greenpeace vessel May 21, 2019The Netherlands and Russia have reached a settlement over the 2013 detention of Netherlands-flagged Greenpeace vessel Arctic Sunrise (IMO 7382902) ….
- Cruise ship fined for exceeding sulphur limit off Norway May 21, 2019The Norwegian Maritime Authority has fined Greek cruise ship operator Global Cruise Lines Ltd $80,000 for using 0.17% sulphur fuel in a 0.10% sulphur ….
- London has 80% share of global maritime arbitration market May 16, 2019Research by international law firm HFW has found that London continues to dominate the market for maritime arbitration. This was despite suggestions that ….
- Three to appear in Malta Court on charges of terrorism May 15, 2019Three migrants, two of them minors, will appear before a Malta court on May 20th on charges of terrorism after an incident on El Hiblu 1 ….
- A Sticky Situation: The Sugar Charter Party 1999 May 14, 2019Nick Austin and Jonathan Cockerill of Clyde and Co have reported on the Commercial Court's recent "significant" judgment on the interpretation of Clause 28 of the Sugar Charter Party 1999 and the effe
- Release of cargo without production of original Bill of Lading proves costly May 13, 2019Clyde and Co has reported on a successful defence in a court decision by Ningbo Maritime Court in China (Wenzhou Baililande Rubber Tyre Co Ltd ….