Marine Insurance Legal
Covering the latest law firm activity in the marine insurance sector.
- Appeal Court decision provides important time bar guidance September 21, 2018Standard Club's senior claims executive Ben Chandler has reported on a recent English Court of Appeal decision that provided important guidance on the applicability of charterparty ….
- Consignees claim $200,000 over part-damaged consignment of seeds September 21, 2018A cargo recovery agent was engaged in relation to three containers of seeds that had arrived wet. The cargo had a total value of US$145,000. ...
- Legal decision by Court leaves Time Bar open to doubt where there is a deviation September 20, 2018Lewis Moore, Toby Miller, Chris Primikiris and Beatrice Cameli of Hill Dickinson have written on the recent decision in Dera Commercial Estate v Derya Inc (The SUR) EWHC 1673 ….
- Reinforcement of English law approach to international arbitral process September 20, 2018A report from John Habergham, Myton Law, Hull UK says that the recent decision of the Court of Appeal in Sinocore International v RBRG Trading (Lower court decision reported on by IMN on ….
- Manufacturer and freight forwarder said by US court to be responsible for containership explosion September 19, 2018A US court has said that an explosion aboard the container ship MSC Flaminia (IMO 9225615) in 2012 was the result of lay with the way the manufacturer and freight forwarder of a potentially …..
- Sacked crewmembers could have been able to appeal under French employment law September 17, 2018A recent case reported by professional indemnity mutual insurer for transport professionals ITIC, managed by Thomas Miller, highlighted the importance of owners and managers being aware of ….
- Complexities of application of time bar September 14, 2018In its latest "Legal Eagle", logistics and transport insurer TT Club considered the case of Deep Sea Maritime and allegations of misdelivery and whether time bars applied ….
- New Jersey court says marine cargo policy inapplicable after 24 hours September 10, 2018Jason Minkin, Jonathan Cipriani and Katherine Martin of BatesCarey LLP in Chicago, Illinois, have noted a recent New Jersey case which ruled that a marine cargo insurance policy did …..
- Court grants restraining injunction on Port de Djibouti SA September 7, 2018The High Court of England & Wales has granted an injunction restraining Djibouti’s port company, Port de Djibouti S.A. (PDSA), from treating as terminated its joint venture shareholders’ ….
- Woman alleges that Celebrity Cruise ship employee sexually assaulted her during massage September 5, 2018A woman from New York has claimed that she was sexually assaulted in August 2017 by an employee on cruise vessel Celebrity Summit on a trip from New Jersey to Bermuda. She said that the …..