The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Safety Digest from MAIB April 7, 2020The UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) has published its first 2020 collection of accidents involving vessels from the merchant, fishing and recreational sectors ….
- Marine accident round-up : 7th April 2020 April 7, 2020After a crane cable broken on April 1st a rescue boat being lifted from its cradle fell from a height of 20 metres from tankship Torm Maren (IMO 9358400). There were three occupants of the ….
- Venezuelan Navy ship collides with expedition cruise ship April 6, 2020A Venezuelan Navy ship sank on March 30th after she collided with the RCGS Resolute (IMO 9000168) in international waters off the island of La Tortuga. Columbia Cruise Services said that …..
- Marine accident round-up : 6th April 2020 April 6, 2020Tankship Varzuga (IMO 7500401) lost steering control due to an azipod breakdown in ice in the Gulf of Ob in Russian Western Arctic water on March 29th. The tanker was towed through ice ….
- First floating pipe barrier segment installed around the Golden Ray April 3, 2020The first floating pipe barrier segment has been installed around the wreck of capsized car carrier Golden Ray (IMO 9775816). The environmental protection barrier is being built by Weeks ….
- Marine accident round-up : 3rd April 2020 April 3, 2020Chemical/oil products tanker Key Bora (IMO 9316024) ran aground while approaching Kyleakin pier on the Isle of Skye on March 30th. The vessel was en route from Esbjerg to Kyleakin, with …..
- IUMI discusses impact of Covid-19 on marine insurance April 2, 2020A common impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on marine insurers is likely to be when there is delay or disruption, with cargoes or vessels not being shipped, sailing empty, being delayed …..
- W K Webster introduces eSurveys April 2, 2020W K Webster has launched an eSurvey product under its in-house ISA network. The system permits claimants to join an eSurvey via a Zoom meeting. The eSurvey will be managed and run by an ,,,,
- Marine accident round-up : 2nd April 2020 April 2, 2020Korean tanker Sunrise Sambu (IMO 9288007) collided with Japanese cargo ship Seikai Maru during the morning of April 1st, near Kawasaki. The tanker was reported to have sustained portside …..
- Marine accident round-up : 1st April 2020 April 1, 2020The 200 Australians from the Vasco Da Gama (IMO 8919245) cruise ship have arrived at Rottnest Island, Western Australia, for 14 days of quarantine. There are been no reports of COVID-19 cases ….