The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine at Lloyd’s had “challenges” says Neal March 25, 2019"Marine has had its challenges in the insurance class in the past year or two and we had to take a serious look at performance across the market", admitted John Neal on Friday in a ….
- Cruise ship Viking Sky heading for port after engines restarted March 25, 2019Cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) lost power on Saturday March 23rd while sailing from Tromso to Stavanger, focing an evacuation order in heavy seas ….
- Anti-pollution neasures continue after Grande America sinking March 25, 2019Good weather conditions in the Bay of Biscay on March 21st permitted the continuation of anti-pollution operations in the vicinity of the spot where ConRo Grande America (IMO 9130937) ….
- Campaign for greater container safety “must focus first on dangerous goods” March 25, 2019The recent reports of container ship fires has once more focused those in the container supply chain on safety issues related to the incorrect processing of dangerous goods, says …..
- Marine accident round-up : 25th March 2019 March 25, 2019A triple collision between container ships occurred at the anchorage of Yokohama off the Nonmoku Terminal late on March 21st, Cargo ship Marcliff (IMO 9343663) had just left the Nonmoku ….
- Marine accident round-up : 22nd March 2019 March 22, 2019Ocean Constructor (IMO 7814424) suffered a fire in her engine room on March 13th in the Gulf of Mexico while laying two pipelines at the Ku-Maloob-Zaap oil field in the Campeche Sound ….
- Port Hedland and other ports clearing anchorages and berths as storm approaches March 22, 2019Pilbara Ports, the operator of Australia’s key iron ore exporting ports, is clearing ships from the northwestern ports of Port Hedland, Dampier and Ashburton as tropical cyclone ….
- Chaucer enters marine insurtech partnership with Concirrus March 21, 2019Specialty international (re)insurance group Chaucer has announced a partnership with insurtech firm Concirrus ….
- Weather improves at site of Grande America sinking March 21, 2019Weather conditions at the site of the sinking of Conro Grande America (IMO 9130937) in the Bay of Biscay had improved significantly by March 20th, A comprehensive pollution control system ….
- Cyclone Idai devastates Mozambique port of Beira March 21, 2019Steamship Mutual notes in a web alert that its correspondent in Beira, Mozambique, has witnessed devastation as a result of cyclone ….