The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Rapid course change and cargo misassessment were causes of dredger capsizing May 24, 2019A rapid change of course and a misassessment of the make-up of the dredger's cargo, was the reason for the sudden capsizing of dredger Sirius Høj ….
- Japan Club report on P&I condition surveys 2018 May 24, 2019Japan Club has issued its report on the condition surveys conducted in 2018 policy year. The condition surveys are conducted by independent surveyors for ….
- Marine accident round-up : 24th May 2019 May 24, 2019US-based Cal Maritime’s training ship Golden Bear (IMO 8834407) sustained minor damage after one of its masts hit a shoreside gantry crane as it …..
- Marine accident round up : 23rd May 2019 May 23, 2019Crude oil tanker Saiq (IMO 9406166) was detained by the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency on May 20th at 09:00 local time after what was …..
- Tugboat captain and pilot at fault in Sunshine Bridge crash, say company officials May 23, 2019Marquette Transportation's president and other company officials have placed the blame for the Sunshine Bridge crash on the tugboat captain and pilot ….
- Evridiki owner, operator, chief engineer, charged over pollution infractions May 23, 2019A US jury has charged Evridiki Navigation Inc, Liquimar Tankers Management Services Inc and tanker Evridiki (IMO 9318137) Chief Engineer Nikolaos ….
- Engine failures caused by assembly errors, says MAIB May 23, 2019Two engine failures during Solent ferry sailings of the Wight Sky (IMO 9446984) were caused by assembly errors, the Marine Accident Investigation ….
- Marine accident round-up : 22nd May 2019 May 22, 2019Bulk carrier Persenk (IMO: 9578995) was in collision with the cargo ship Ahmet Can (IMO 9368182) in the Marmara Sea during the late morning of ….
- Marine accident round-up : 21st May 2019 May 21, 2019General cargo ship Industrial Charger (IMO 9213959) allided with a pier while arriving at the port of Takoradi, Ghana, on May 1st. She also came in contact ….
- EU spends £155m to support maritime security in Gulf of Guinea May 21, 2019The EU has said that its regional programmes in the Gulf of Guinea were supporting the implementation of important ECOWAS strategies in maritime ….