The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 20th September 2018 September 20, 2018The wreck removal of Gulfem Kalkavan (IMO 7721873) was completed on September 13th. All related vessel records have been closed and the vessel's status has been changed to dead by the ….
- Marine accident round-up : 19th September 2018 September 19, 2018Two port workers suffocated in a cargo hold of wood chips carrier Uni Fortune (IMO 9011193), which was docked at Quy Nhon port, during the morning of September 16th ….
- Global ocean hull risk profile and trading conditions improve: IUMI September 19, 2018There had been a continuing deterioration of premium income in the past 12 months, but this had to be set against the more positive picture of an improving risk profile, said …..
- Insurers could face huge hull loss from Lürssen shipyard fire September 19, 2018The marine divisions of several insurers look to be facing a loss approaching €600m ($720m) as a result of the fire that broke out in superyacht shipyard Lürssen on the morning of Friday ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th September 2018 September 18, 2018A fire broke out aboard 146-metre-yacht Sassi in the building dock of the Lürssen-Yard in Bremen-Vegesack early on September 14th and spread over three decks of the ship and the building ….
- CNOOC vessel runs aground during Typhoon Manghkut September 18, 2018Offshore engineering vessel Hai Yang Shi You 202, owned by CNOOC subsidiary CNOOC Offshore Oil Engineering, was blown away from her anchorage west of Dalajia Island, Huizhou, northeast of ….
- IUMI supports EU paper on Places of Refuge to IMO MSC 100 in December 2018 September 18, 2018Once a casualty has occurred and a vessel is in distress – whether due to fire or any issue threatening its safety – this vessel needs a place of shelter, and the place of refuge convention ….
- Global marine premiums up by 2% but challenges remain for marine underwriting, says IUMI September 18, 2018Against a positive backdrop of a benign claims environment in some sectors, IUMI's statistics showed an increasing mismatch between premium income, covered risk and claims costs …..
- IUMI’s major global claims data base a work in progress September 18, 2018The development by IUMI of a major global claims database has progressed well in the past year with the completion of a pilot project, but much still needed to be done, according to Dave Matcham ….
- Berg welcomes marine insurers to Cape Town September 18, 2018In his introduction to the common theme on this year's IUMI conference, "Managing Emerging Risks and Exposures – Think the unthinkable", Association President Dieter Berg said that it was not so much