The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 19th July 2019 July 19, 2019Independent shipowning association BIMCO has put together a guide for how members can use the bunker adjustment factor (BAF) clause to manage rising fuel cost and possible volatility in prices ….
- Salvage operation for RoRo Coyhaique and 200-plus cattle on board July 19, 2019A salvage operation has started on RoRo Coyhaique (IMO 8009026) which ran aground on July 3rd near Huichas island in the Moraleda channel, near Puerto Aguirre, Aysén Region, Chile ….
- SMIT Salvage wins Northguider contract July 18, 2019After Gard announced on behalf of the owner of the Northguider a tender for the salvage assignment, four salvage companies qualified to participate in the tender. Netherlands-based SMIT Salvage ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th July 2019 July 18, 2019Passenger ship Indera Bupala (IMO 9107966) ran aground in bad weather and heavy rain shortly after midnight on July 15th when 1.5 miles off Mengkilo, Bintan ….
- Missing small oil tanker was taken in for repairs, says Iran July 18, 2019A small Panamanian-flagged oil products tanker, the Riah (IMO 8816455) that went missing while she was transiting the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf had suffered technical difficulties …..
- Marine accident round-up : 17th July 2019 July 17, 2019The US Coast Guard coordinated the rescue of two Mexican fishermen aboard fishing vessel Mazatun (IMO 8125129) who had been injured when their vessel’s crane collapsed on July 9th in ….
- BOKA Vanguard lifts Carnival Vista July 17, 2019Taking 12 hours, Boskalis semi-submersible heavy lift ship BOKA Vanguard has successfully floated cruise ship Carnival Vista (IMO 9692569) aboard in order to facilitate repairs ….
- Private security guards not encouraged for ships in Persian Gulf July 17, 2019Shipping companies sailing through the Middle East Gulf were being urged to avoid having private armed security guards onboard as the risk of escalation in the region rose ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th July 2019 July 16, 2019LCT Evelia (MMSI:613022017) sank in the Bight of Bonny in the eastern Gulf of Guinea while en route from Douala to Libreville, about halfway between the two ports. Of the 13 crew members on …..
- UK seeks de-escalation of Iran situation July 15, 2019UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said that Iranian tanker Grace 1, which was detained by Royal Marines at the request of the Gibraltar administration could be released if the UK ….