The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 18th January 2019 January 18, 2019The U.S. Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for two people in the water near Bootheville, Louisiana after the support boat they were on capsized during a training exercise …..
- Rotterdam Port reports fewer accidents in 2018 January 18, 2019The Port of Rotterdam has reported that 29,475 sea-going vessels arrived at the port in 2018, 200 fewer than in 2017. The number of accidents fell from 129 to 118 on approximately ….
- Old CSL Virginia sold for demolition January 18, 2019Cyprus-flagged container ship CSL Virginia (IMO 9289568), which sustained a significant gash last year when it collided with Tunisian passenger/cargo RoRo Ulysse (IMO 9142459) last October ….
- Increase in piracy last year, West Africa the new hotspot January 18, 2019Piracy increased in 2018, with the most significant rise in attacks being against ships and crews around West Africa, according to a report from the International ….
- Marine accident round-up : 17th January 2019 January 17, 2019Cargo ship Rix Emerald (IMO 9116802) ran aground off Landskrona, Sweden, during the morning of January 15th. She was in ballast at the time. No oil leakage was observed …..
- Smit Salvage gets salvage contract for Star Centurion January 17, 2019Netherlands-based Smit Salvage has been awarded the contract for the salvage of pipe layer Star Centurion (IMO 9241712) which has been lying on her port side on a sandbar almost ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th January 2019 January 16, 2019General cargo ship Nauma (IMO 9362827) reportedly has leaked oil into the waters of Fremantle, Western Australia. The alarm was raised early on January 12th at the north-eastern end of the ….
- Hannover Re & HDI Global launch new specialty insurance venture January 16, 2019HDI Global Specialty SE, a new specialty lines insurer launched as a collaborative venture between Talanx Group companies Hannover Re and HDI Global, has commenced underwriting with ….
- The Swedish Club: New lessons from past experiences January 16, 2019The Swedish Club has published a new edition of Claims at a Glance, a summary of cases and statistics taken from its experiences in Loss Prevention over the last three years ….
- Maersk Honam cut in half, to be rebuilt in S Korea with new forward section January 16, 2019Denmark-based shipping company Maersk has said that a portion of container ship Maersk Honam (IMO 9784271) will be transported by heavy-lift vessel to Hyundai Heavy Industries in February ….