The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 17th July 2018 July 17, 2018Chemical tanker Yong An (IMO 8316998) collided with China-flagged 84-metre vessel Shun Qiang 2 near Shanghai on July 15th. The Shun Qiang 2 sank as a result, with 10 of the 13 crew going ….
- Iron Chieftain to be retired July 17, 2018The fire-stricken self-discharging bulk carrier Iron Chieftain (IMO 9047740) is set to be retired after it suffered significant damage sustained during an incident at Port of Kembla ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th July 2018 July 16, 2018Container ship Angeles (IMO 9399791) ran aground on the anchorage of Puerto Cortes in Honduras during the morning of July 12th. The ship drifted aground after having dropped anchor upon its ...
- SSL Kolkata remains aground July 16, 2018A challenging monsoon season continues to cause challenges for the salvors of container ship SSL Kolkata (IMO 9346574), which caught fire and grounded in the in the Bay of Bengal last month ….
- USCG holds public hearing on Bouchard tank barge explosion July 16, 2018The US Coast Guard will open a formal public hearing today, July 16th, to consider evidence relating to the explosion and fire aboard Bouchard No 255 tank barge, resulting in the deaths of ….
- Kea Trader removal will not be before 2019 July 16, 2018Local authorities have announced that the arrival of heavy equipment to remove the wreckage of the Kea Trader will not take place until mid-2019 ….
- Premiums up 10% year on year at UK Defence Club July 16, 2018UK Defence Club saw its gross written premiums increase by 10% between policy years 2016 and 2017, while the surplus rose from £780,000 to £4.89m (post-premium reduction for credit ….
- Marine accident round-up : 13th July 2018 July 13, 2018The salvaging of live fish carrier Seikongen (IMO 9793985) in Chiloé, Chile, was scheduled to start on July 12th at 08:00 local time in the Bay of Pilpilehue in the commune of Chonchi ...
- Seventeen Group buys specialist UK regional marine broker July 13, 2018London, UK-based broker Seventeen Group has bought Kent-based marine and marine trade specialist broker Everard Insurance for an undisclosed sum. Everards was established in 1969 ….
- Increased cost of labour & spare parts raising machinery component of H&M July 13, 2018Main Engine Damage, the latest loss prevention report from The Swedish Club, sheds a light on an expensive category of damage that is all too frequent...