The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 21st November 2019 November 21, 2019An explosion occurred aboard bulk carrier Cape India (IMO 9654804) during the afternoon of November 11th while she was under way off the coast of East Kalimantan ….
- Lack of information provided was a primary cause of liftboat overturning November 21, 2019The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has determined that the probable cause of the overturning of liftboat Ram XVIII (IMO 9769453) on November 18th 2018 in the Gulf of Mexico …..
- Investigation of cause of luxury yachts fire awaits safety clearance November 21, 2019The Fort Lauderdale, Florida fire brigade has not yet begun an investigation into the cause of the $24m fire that consumed two luxury yachts, the Reflection and the Lohengrin, at the ….
- USS Fitzgerald collision survivors, families of those killed, sue for $287m November 21, 2019Survivors of the June 17th 2017 collision between the USS Fitzgerald and container ship ACX Crystal (IMO 9360611) , as well as the families of seven US Navy sailors killed, are suing Japan-based ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th November 2019 November 20, 2019A tugboat was semii-submerged after alliding with the Old Bonner Bridge in Oregon Inlet in North Carolina on Sunday, the US Coast Guard has said. All eight people aboard the tug ….
- Ineffective communication between master and pilot a factor in berthing contact November 20, 2019The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has said that the probable cause of the contact between cruise vessel Carnival Horizon (IMO 9767091) and Pier 90 was ineffective ….
- Major fire severely damages two luxury yachts undergoing overhaul November 20, 2019Two luxury yachts, the Lohengrin (IMO 8735998) and the Reflection, were severely damaged by a fire on November 16th. The vessels were both undergoing overhauls at the Yachts Repair …..
- Marine accident round-up : 19th November 2019 November 19, 2019General cargo ship Silver Way (IMO 8858855) caught fire while transiting the Sea of Japan, near the South Korean Port of Pohang, on November 17th. There were 13 Russian crew aboard ….
- Pioneer Syndicate 1980 to be placed into run-off November 18, 2019Pioneer Underwriters is to place its 1980 syndicate into run-off. Pioneer said that a strategic review had determined that the cost of capital within the structure of its Lloyd’s syndicate was ….
- Marine accident round up : 17th November 2019 November 18, 2019Fishing vessel Sharon Vale (IMO 8604216) which was acting as a Guard Ship to the IFA2 cable laying project, lost power, ran aground and was taking on water 1.2 miles south-east of ….