The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- Marine accident round-up : 13th September 2019 September 13, 2019More than 70 containers were lost after 2,470-teu Xin Ou 21 developed a heavy starboard list at night off Zhoushan en route to Rizhao, reported Kiev's Maritime Bulletin. The ship is understood ….
- IUMI acts on preventing fires on container vessels September 13, 2019Lars Lange, IUMI Secretary General has reported in the latest IUMI Eye that a number of container ship fires happened early in 2019 (the Yantian Express, APL Vancouver, Grande America …..
- FBI asks for photos and videos of Conception disaster September 13, 2019The FBI on Tuesday asked the public for video or photos of the September 2nd fire aboard the Conception. The FBI has set up a webpage, www.fbi.gov/boatfire, for the submission of images …..
- USCG convenes board of investigation into Conception disaster September 13, 2019The US Coast Guard announced Wednesday that it had convened a formal Marine Board of Investigation (MBI) to investigate the loss of dive-boat Conception —a live-aboard vessel that caught fire …..
- Marine accident round-up : 12th September 2019 September 12, 2019The Guangzhou Maritime Court will sell tankship Bramco 1 (IMO 8814639) by auction on October 8th, four years after Bahraini owner Bramco abandoned the ship at the Cosco Guangzhou …..
- Golden Ray operations shift to environmental protection September 12, 2019With all crew members rescued from capsized vehicle carrier Golden Ray (IMO 9775816), operations will now shift over to environmental protection, removing the vessel and resuming ….
- Search for Nur Allya and 25 crew is called off September 12, 2019Bulk carrier Nur Allya (IMO 9245237) is missing, presumed sunk, and the official search and rescue operation for the vessel and her 25 crew has been halted. Only a liferaft, a lifebuoy and ….
- French marine insurance broker is bought by Verlingue September 11, 2019French insurance consultancy Verlingue, part of the Adélaïde Group, has announced the acquisition of marine insurance broker Groupe Eyssautier. Groupe Eyssautier is a specialist in ….
- Malicious Acts: How malicious do they have to be? September 11, 2019The way in which a particular phrase in the Institute War and Strikes Clauses Hull (the 1995 version, although the 1983 version is similar) "1.5. any terrorist of person acting maliciously ….
- Swedish Club says premiums still not at sustainable levels September 11, 2019At Swedish Club's reception on the opening day of London International Shipping Week, managing director Lars Rhodin observed that the combined ratio for the first half was 108%, which …..