The latest marine hull and machinery related news and analysis.
- “Roadmap For A Sustainable Future”: Marine Insurance London agenda published January 21, 2020This year's Marine Insurance London: "Roadmap For A Sustainable Future" takes place at Etc Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London, on March 20th. The full agenda has now been published, with panel ...
- Marine accident round-up : 21st January 2020 January 21, 2020Cargo ship MSC Adelaide (IMO 9618290) struck a moored pilot boat while approaching Gioia Tauro during the late morning of January 18th, having arrived from Genoa. The boat sank after being ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th January 2020 January 20, 2020A derelict Alaska tugboat, the Lumberman, floated away from the spot where it was anchored in Juneau’s Gastineau Channel, Alaska, USA, before eventually running aground. She shifted several ….
- Dangerous goods “common” in Turkish straits January 20, 2020More than 84,000 ships passed Turkey's Bosphorus and Çanakkale straits in 2019, and nearly 25% of these were declared to be carrying dangerous goods, the Ministry of Transportation …..
- Tanker collides with fishing vessel in Galveston; two missing January 17, 2020Chemical/oil products tanker Bow Fortune (IMO 9168635) collided with 27-metre fishing vessel Pappy's Pride on Tuesday January 14th in Galveston, Texas. The fishing vessel capsized …..
- Piracy and armed robbery decrease, unprecedented rise of crew kidnappings January 16, 2020While 2019 saw a fall in the amount of piracy and armed robbery at sea, there was an "unprecedented" increase in kidnappings, mainly in the Gulf of Guinea, according to the just published …..
- Drifting cargo ship rescued by RNLI in Oban Bay January 16, 2020A curious rescue incident occurred in Oban Bay at the weekend when a lifeboat was called to tow a 1,300 tonne cargo vessel which was dragging both her anchors during gale force ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th January 2020 January 15, 2020Towing vessel Raduga Europe (IMO 8518468) has sailed to Tallinn after the implementation of temporary repairs. A salvage contract has been signed with Alfred Hakans. The salvage operations ….
- Skuld discusses hull fouling from marine growth January 15, 2020Skuld has noted that hull fouling – the result of accumulation of marine growth and the cause of reduced vessel speed, increased bunker consumption and the accrual of cleaning costs ….
- Saudi state oil tanker company suspends shipments through Hormuz January 14, 2020Saudi Arabian oil tanker company Bahri has announced a temporary suspension of shipments through the Strait of Hormuz, reported the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times, citing two …..