Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- IG details reinsurance changes for 2019/20 January 17, 2020In the International Group's annual report, Mike Hall, Chairperson, Reinsurance Subcommittee outlined the changes in 2019/20 undertaken by the International Group of P&I …..
- Skuld nine-month result indicates need for improved P&I rates, says CEO Hansen December 17, 2019Skuld has reported a loss of $12m for the first nine months of 2019/20, compared with a loss of $16m for the same period of 2018/19, but the combined ratio was significantly higher …..
- Five per cent P&I general increase from Swedish Club, FD&D held to zero December 10, 2019The Board of The Swedish Club has announced a 5% General Increase for P&I in 2020. The Club said that this reflected "the balanced approach adopted by the Club to meet the needs of its members …..
- Ranking clubs in a table “ultimately unhelpful” says Marsh advisor Trew December 4, 2019Each club has a different way of presenting itself, but a review of their marketing material shows that they all position themselves in a similar way: strong finances, exceptional service ….
- Five per cent general increase at Shipowners’ Club for 2020/21; 105.9% CR at end of H1 2019 November 29, 2019Shipowners' Club is to apply a 5% general increase in premiums for all covers for 2020, inclusive of any adjustment for reinsurance premiums. The Club said that, although the Club had ….
- Japan Club announces 7.5% general increase November 28, 2019At Japan Club's 602nd Meeting of the Association’s Board of Directors, held in Tokyo on November 26th to review open policy years, decide on the 2020 renewal, and adopt proposed …..
- West of England declares 2.5% P&I Class general increase November 28, 2019West of England Club is to impose a 2.5% general increase in the P&I Class at the 2020 renewal, while keeping FD&D general increase to 0%. There will be no change to general deductible …..
- Nil general increase for London Class at Standard November 25, 2019Standard Club has announced a nil general increase for the 2020/21 policy year for its London Class. The London Class specialises in insuring European inland waterways, harbour and coastal ….
- North announces 7.5% general increase November 19, 2019North of England Club has decided on a 7.5% general increase for policy year 2020/21 after projecting a combined ratio for 2019/20 of "in excess of last ….
- No general increase at American Club, but two supplementary calls announced November 15, 2019American Club will not be imposing a general increase for the 2020/21 policy year, choosing instead to "employ an approach which takes better account of the different profiles of Members".....