Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- H1 CR of 105.9% “broadly in line with expectations” says Shipowners’ Club September 9, 2019Shipowners Club recorded a combined ratio of 105.9% for the first half of the year (to June 30th), which it said was "broadly in line with expectations". The overall gain on the portfolio ….
- Swedish club combined ratio hits 108% for H1 from other clubs’ pool claims August 23, 2019The Swedish Club has reported an underwriting result of minus $2.2m for the first half, compared with a gain of $4.7m in the same period last year. However, solid investment returns meant ….
- Three-year rolling combined ratio at WoE rises to 105.9% August 19, 2019The three year average combined ratio at West of England rose to 105.9% for the year to February 20th, from 95.6% at same time last year. Group CEO Tom Bowsher said that there were two …..
- Revenue up at Japan Club, but combined ratio rises August 13, 2019Japan Club's combined ratio increased to 95.0% for the year to March 31st, from 89.8% the previous year, despite a fall in net claims in the policy year. The rise was mainly a result of an ….
- London Club “disappointed” by revised S&P outlook August 5, 2019The London P&I Club has expressed its disappointment that Standard & Poor's has revised its outlook on London P&I Club to negative from stable. In December 2018 S&P rated the Club at BBB …..
- H1 pre-tax profit rises at Hiscox July 30, 2019Insurer and reinsurer Hiscox has reported a pre-tax profit of $168m, up from $162.7m in the same period last year, driven by an annualized investment return of 4.8% …..
- Lancashire marine gross premiums rise 14.6% in H1 July 26, 2019Insurer and reinsurer Lancashire Holdings has reported that Marine gross premiums written increased by 14.6% for the first six months of 2019 compared to the same period in 2018 ….
- Beazley says premiums in marine have risen July 24, 2019Insurer and reinsurer Beazley has reported premium growth of 12% in the first half of the 2019. However, claims concentrated largely in its marine and reinsurance divisions caused the …...
- London Club reserves retreat from all-time high July 19, 2019London P&I Club recorded an operating deficit of $25.8m for policy year 2018/19, falling from its all-time high of $194.6m on February 20th 2018 to $168.8m 12 months later ….
- Tonnage up slightly, premiums down slightly at Steamship July 9, 2019In its strategic report for 2018/10, Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association Ltd reported a rise of 1% in owned entered tonnage, to 85.6m gt. Total entered tonnage for owned and …..