Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- Fiducia books GWP of £12m for 2019 February 6, 2020Fiducia MGA Company Ltd (Fiducia) a UK marine cargo underwriting agency that was established in November 2016, generated gross written premiums (GWP) of £12m for calendar year 2019 ….
- LPR more than doubles staffing numbers in three months February 6, 2020In the first three months of being operational, the founders of Lilley Plummer Risks Ltd (LPR), Stuart Lilley and Dan Plummer, have than doubled the number of employees working within ….
- Steamship reports growth in gross tonnage, plus 5.5% investment return February 6, 2020At Steamship Mutual’s Board Meeting in Seoul, South Korea on Monday February 4th, the Directors reported a continued growth in the Association’s owned entry from February 20th 2019 to ….
- IG details reinsurance changes for 2019/20 January 17, 2020In the International Group's annual report, Mike Hall, Chairperson, Reinsurance Subcommittee outlined the changes in 2019/20 undertaken by the International Group of P&I …..
- Skuld nine-month result indicates need for improved P&I rates, says CEO Hansen December 17, 2019Skuld has reported a loss of $12m for the first nine months of 2019/20, compared with a loss of $16m for the same period of 2018/19, but the combined ratio was significantly higher …..
- Five per cent P&I general increase from Swedish Club, FD&D held to zero December 10, 2019The Board of The Swedish Club has announced a 5% General Increase for P&I in 2020. The Club said that this reflected "the balanced approach adopted by the Club to meet the needs of its members …..
- Ranking clubs in a table “ultimately unhelpful” says Marsh advisor Trew December 4, 2019Each club has a different way of presenting itself, but a review of their marketing material shows that they all position themselves in a similar way: strong finances, exceptional service ….
- Five per cent general increase at Shipowners’ Club for 2020/21; 105.9% CR at end of H1 2019 November 29, 2019Shipowners' Club is to apply a 5% general increase in premiums for all covers for 2020, inclusive of any adjustment for reinsurance premiums. The Club said that, although the Club had ….
- Japan Club announces 7.5% general increase November 28, 2019At Japan Club's 602nd Meeting of the Association’s Board of Directors, held in Tokyo on November 26th to review open policy years, decide on the 2020 renewal, and adopt proposed …..
- West of England declares 2.5% P&I Class general increase November 28, 2019West of England Club is to impose a 2.5% general increase in the P&I Class at the 2020 renewal, while keeping FD&D general increase to 0%. There will be no change to general deductible …..