Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- Swedish Club reports profit of $24.6m March 30, 2020Swedish Club has recorded an operating profit of $24.6m for the policy year to February 20th 2020. Investment returns were just under 10%. At the end of the accounting year, free reserves …..
- “Meaningful” rate increases reported by Clubs: Gallagher March 20, 2020In broker Gallagher's post-renewal market update, it has said that, in terms of renewals, negotiations were slower to get going than in previous years and were "perhaps tougher in nature" ….
- UK Club reports “strong renewal” March 2, 2020UK P&I Club has reported "a strong, disciplined renewal in a competitive market". Manager Thomas Miller said that mutual tonnage was ….
- Skuld reports sustained growth at 2020 P&I renewal February 27, 2020Norway-based marine insurer Skuld has reported a 4.6% year on year net increase in mutual P&I gross tonnage. Completing on February 20th 2020, Skuld's mutual P&I tonnage now stands …..
- American Club reports “solid” 2020 renewal February 25, 2020American Club has said that both its mutual and fixed premium businesses have recorded "creditable performances". With the fixed premium operation American Hellenic Hull seeing ….
- Gard says that its tonnage growth reflects stability in an unstable market February 21, 2020With the closing of the 2020 P&I renewal, marine insurer Gard said yesterday February 20th that its net tonnage had increased by more than 15m gt in the past 12 months, with total owners ….
- North P&I Club exceeds 230m gt following 2020 renewal February 21, 2020North P&I Club has said that, following the conclusion of the 2020 renewal, early projections suggested that it had increased its total entered tonnage to above 230m gt. North said that ….
- Fiducia books GWP of £12m for 2019 February 6, 2020Fiducia MGA Company Ltd (Fiducia) a UK marine cargo underwriting agency that was established in November 2016, generated gross written premiums (GWP) of £12m for calendar year 2019 ….
- LPR more than doubles staffing numbers in three months February 6, 2020In the first three months of being operational, the founders of Lilley Plummer Risks Ltd (LPR), Stuart Lilley and Dan Plummer, have than doubled the number of employees working within ….
- Steamship reports growth in gross tonnage, plus 5.5% investment return February 6, 2020At Steamship Mutual’s Board Meeting in Seoul, South Korea on Monday February 4th, the Directors reported a continued growth in the Association’s owned entry from February 20th 2019 to ….