Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- London P&I books gain of $6.6m in 2017/18 July 17, 2018London P&I Club booked an operating surplus after tax of US$6.6m for the financial year to February 20th 2018, its report on the policy year reveals, wholly attributable to a strong ….
- Premiums up 10% year on year at UK Defence Club July 16, 2018UK Defence Club saw its gross written premiums increase by 10% between policy years 2016 and 2017, while the surplus rose from £780,000 to £4.89m (post-premium reduction for credit ….
- “Reserves more than adequate” at P&I Clubs, says broker July 6, 2018Reserves at P&I Clubs are currently "more than adequate" according to Mark Cracknell, senior partner, marine & cargo division, JLT Specialty. Participating in a panel at the....
- Good development in Hull & Machinery says Gard CEO Roppestad July 2, 2018Norwegian marine insurer Gard has seen what CEO Rolf Thore Roppestad described as "good developments" in the Hull & Machinery sector. He noted that Gard was "a small company when compared ….
- Weak revenues continue for salvage industry, but up 20% year on year June 29, 2018The International Salvage Union (ISU) statistics for 2017, published yesterday, June 28th, have shown that the salvage industry was continuing to experience weak revenues ….
- North says Sunderland restructuring is on track June 26, 2018In the just-published financial statements for the year to February 20th 2018, North of England P&I Club have said that a reduction in Sunderland Marine Insurance Co (SMI) premium ….
- AmTrust closes Lloyd’s marine book June 26, 2018US insurer AmTrust is closing its Lloyd’s marine business. “We can confirm after a strategic review that we are exiting the marine cargo, hull and liability lines of business with immediate ….
- American Club reduces release call margin for 2016, releases 2017 report June 25, 2018American Club's Board has resolved formally to close the 2015 policy year without contribution in excess of the originally estimated total premium for the year, based on the surplus of ….
- Skuld reports “second-best result” ever in its history June 19, 2018Norway-based marine insurer Skuld has reported what it described as the second-best ever result in the company's history. Skuld noted that it was "a challenging time for some of our members....
- Lloyd’s Syndicate Results 2017 (52): Endurance at Lloyd’s (Sompo Intl) Syndicate 5151 June 18, 2018With the 2017 numbers for the Lloyd's syndicates now in, IMN has been reporting on the marine numbers for those syndicates with a significant interest in this area. Syndicate 5151 is the final ….