Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- Capital and free reserves drop $20m at Shipowners’ Club in H1 September 12, 2018Shipowners’ Club, which focuses on the smaller and specialist vessel sector, saw capital and free reserves decline by $20m (to $321.6m) in the six months to June 30th as a result of a $6.17m ….
- P&I book boosts Skuld H1 numbers September 10, 2018Norwegian-based marine insurer Skuld has reported a bottom-line result of $14m for the first half of the 2018/19 policy year, up from $8m for the same period last year....
- Norwegian Hull Club maintained at ‘A/Stable’ by S&P September 7, 2018Standard & Poor's has continued its generally stable outlook on the mutual marine sector with its unchanged 'A' rating for Norwegian Hull Club, with a stable outlook. S&P said that ….
- S&P report on Japan Club keeps rating at BBB+ September 6, 2018Standard & Poor's has maintained its triple B-plus rating on Japan Club, noting that the club's strengths included a solid market position, supported by strong relationships with Japan-related ….
- Swedish Club sees H1 premiums down year on year, combined ratio at 96% August 28, 2018Swedish Club has reported gross premiums earned of $72.5m for the first half to June 30th 2018, down from $79.6m in H1 2017. Premiums net of reinsurance declined to $55.6m, from $61.2m ….
- Stockmarket gains help Japan Club finances in 2017, but surplus falls August 13, 2018Investment income at Japan P&I Club increased in 2017 as a result of favourable Japanese stock market conditions, but net premiums written decreased, director general Hiroshi Sugiura has said ….
- Aspen to quit marine hull at Lloyd’s August 3, 2018Aspen is to cease writing three separate lines of business – aviation, marine hull and international professional indemnity books – which are valued at around $120m ….
- Hiscox sees “good growth opportunities” in marine July 31, 2018Bermuda-headquartered global specialty insurer Hiscox has reported a pre-tax profit of $163.6m (2017: $129.1m) for H1 2018. GWP rose by 21.4% year on year to $2,228.8m (2017: $1,836.2m) ….
- Steamship Mutual books surplus of $5.68m for 2018 July 25, 2018Steamship Mutual P&I Club has recorded a surplus of $5.68m for the policy year to February 20th 2018, down from $69.97m the previous year. Gross written premiums fell to $395.3m, from ….
- London P&I books gain of $6.6m in 2017/18 July 17, 2018London P&I Club booked an operating surplus after tax of US$6.6m for the financial year to February 20th 2018, its report on the policy year reveals, wholly attributable to a strong ….