Company Results : Marine Insurance
Reporting and analysis on the financial performance of the companies operating in marine insurance sector – insurers, P&I clubs and brokers
- Standard Club expects “small reduction” in free reserves this year November 14, 2018Standard Club has said that the club’s finances were strong, with the current forecast being for a small reduction in free reserves at the end of the financial year.....
- Beazley nine months marine GWP up 8% year on year November 9, 2018Insurer Beazley has reported an 8% year on year increase in marine business, to $221m, from $215m for the first nine months of 2017. Total GWP was $1.958bn, up 11% …..
- Rise in claims pushes Shipowners’ to loss in H1 November 7, 2018Shipowners' Club, which operates on financial year January to December, has reported a combined ratio of 106.4% for the first half, up from 99.3% in H1 2017, on gross written premiums up from …..
- Full H1 details for Gard November 7, 2018Norwegian marine insurer Gard has now issued its full first-half report for 2018, adding granularity to its release a couple of weeks ago ….
- Channel Syndicate cuts back marine for 2019 November 5, 2018Scor's Channel Syndicate 2015 has become the latest Lloyd’s insurer of several to stop writing at least one sector of their marine business ….
- Gard holds mutual P&I, FD&D premiums for 2019/20 policy year November 2, 2018Norway-based marine insurer Gard will not apply a general increase in 2019/20 policy year for its mutual members, after reporting a positive result of $27m for the first six months of …..
- London P&I Club holds premiums for 2019/20 November 1, 2018There will be no general increase for policy year 2019/20 at London P&I Club, managers A Bilbrough & Co said yesterday on behalf of the Board …..
- No General Increase for 2019 from UK Club October 31, 2018UK P&I Club will not impose a general increase on Members for the 2019 policy year, although it added that Members with adverse loss records may anticipate adjustments to ratings ….
- “Frequency of large claims is down but average cost is up” says Swedish Club October 29, 2018Swedish Club has released its terms for 2019 Hull & Machinery Insurance. In Marine Circular dated October 25th 2018 Swedish Club said that it would continue to make comprehensive insurance ….
- Prices held at Steamship Mutual; claims costs so far this year are below average October 26, 2018Steamship Mutual has said that for 2018/19 to date the cost of claims "compares favourably" with past six years and that, taking this and other financial matters into account ….