Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 18th January 2019 January 18, 2019The U.S. Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for two people in the water near Bootheville, Louisiana after the support boat they were on capsized during a training exercise …..
- Rotterdam Port reports fewer accidents in 2018 January 18, 2019The Port of Rotterdam has reported that 29,475 sea-going vessels arrived at the port in 2018, 200 fewer than in 2017. The number of accidents fell from 129 to 118 on approximately ….
- Yemen – update from Gard on port situation January 18, 2019There have been no major changes to the status of Yemeni ports, or to the port entry clearance conditions, since the Hodeidah ceasefire "Stockholm" agreement entered into force on …..
- Inter-club agreement: the right to counter security January 18, 2019Steamship Mutual Americas Syndicate Manager Joanne Sharma has observed in a recent article that London Arbitration Award 18/18 highlighted the need for care to be taken over the precise …..
- Notice of arbitration – sender beware January 18, 2019Skuld has published a review of two recent cases, Sino v Dana and The Amity, which concerned the service of …..
- Old CSL Virginia sold for demolition January 18, 2019Cyprus-flagged container ship CSL Virginia (IMO 9289568), which sustained a significant gash last year when it collided with Tunisian passenger/cargo RoRo Ulysse (IMO 9142459) last October ….
- Increase in piracy last year, West Africa the new hotspot January 18, 2019Piracy increased in 2018, with the most significant rise in attacks being against ships and crews around West Africa, according to a report from the International ….
- Nigeria importers, exporters to be issued electronic marine certificates January 18, 2019Importers and exporters at the various ports in Nigeria are to be issued with digitized marine certificates against the previous practice of physical …..
- “Market Developments” a new top-five marine risk: AGCS Risk Barometer January 18, 2019In Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty's just released "Risk Barometer for 2019", it has listed in the appendix the top five risks for marine and ….
- Marine accident round-up : 17th January 2019 January 17, 2019Cargo ship Rix Emerald (IMO 9116802) ran aground off Landskrona, Sweden, during the morning of January 15th. She was in ballast at the time. No oil leakage was observed …..