Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 19th November 2018 November 19, 2018High-speed ferry T&T Spirit (IMO 9280897) has been sidelined in Port of Spain until November 17th at the earliest after weeks of mechanical problems, which have resulted in ….
- California says flag country’s AFS certificate is not enough November 19, 2018Gard has reported an update in the bio-fouling regulations in California, where the State Land Commission (SLC) clarified the rules under which vessels berthing in California were ….
- Marine underwriter Charlie Bragg joins Liberty November 19, 2018Liberty Specialty Markets, part of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, has expanded its Ports and Terminals by adding Charlie Bragg to its Marine Liability team ….
- ITF says death of seafarer “proves that lashing is dockers’ work November 19, 2018The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) and European Transport Workers' Federation (ETF) have said that the case of a Filipino seafarer dying in Dublin while doing ….
- No general increase, deductibles unchanged at American Club November 19, 2018At its meeting in New York last Thursday November 15th, the American Club Board said that there would be no general increase for the 2019/20 policy year ….
- Helge Ingstad will not reach Haakonsvern before December November 19, 2018The Norwegian Defence Ministry has announced that it was not realistic to get stricken €400m frigate Helge Ingstad to Haakonsvern before December. Environmental considerations ….
- Two cargo ships collide in North Sea November 19, 2018Two cargo ships collided in the North Sea off the north-western coast of Germany on Thursday November 15th in what looks to be a bizarre "U-Turn" accident. Both ships …..
- Lübcke Marine renamed Regent Marine to match majority shareholder November 19, 2018Bremen-based marine insurance broker Lübcke Marine Assekuranzmakler GmbH has renamed itself Regent Marine Assekuranzmakler GmbH ….
- Single Window mechanism adopted in Ukraine to ease goods transit November 19, 2018A single window mechanism has been adopted in the Ukraine which officials said would optimize customs procedures when moving goods across Ukraine borders. A new law “On Amendments to ….
- No general increase at North, but small rise in P&I Class deductible November 19, 2018North P&I Club will not be implementing a general increase for policy year 2019/20, but there will be an increase of a minimum of $1,000 per deductible for all owned deductibles ….