Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 21st May 2019 May 21, 2019General cargo ship Industrial Charger (IMO 9213959) allided with a pier while arriving at the port of Takoradi, Ghana, on May 1st. She also came in contact ….
- Syndicate results 2018 #29 WR Berkley Syndicate 1967 May 21, 2019The Lloyd's syndicates have now published their results and, in some cases, added detail and an outlook for 2019. As last year, IMN is summarizing the ….
- EU spends £155m to support maritime security in Gulf of Guinea May 21, 2019The EU has said that its regional programmes in the Gulf of Guinea were supporting the implementation of important ECOWAS strategies in maritime ….
- Canada to become party to Nairobi Convention May 21, 2019Canada will become a party to the Nairobi Convention on the Removal of Wrecks, 2007, from July 30th 2019, by way of an agreement dated May ,,,,
- Autonomous vessel makes it across the North Sea May 21, 2019A 12-metre autonomous vessel has sailed across the North Sea with a cargo of oysters – the first commercial crossing by an autonomous vessel. The vessel docked in the Belgian port city of Oostende fol
- Fuel tanker carrying Iranian fuel oil unloads in China, claims Reuters May 21, 2019Tanker Marshal Z carrying Iranian fuel oil has unloaded into storage tanks near the Chinese city of Zhoushan, according to ship tracking data on ….
- Settlement reached between Netherlands and Russia on Greenpeace vessel May 21, 2019The Netherlands and Russia have reached a settlement over the 2013 detention of Netherlands-flagged Greenpeace vessel Arctic Sunrise (IMO 7382902) ….
- Canadian oil tanker ban overturned by Senate May 21, 2019Canada’s Senate Standing Committee on Transportation has overturned Canada's Oil Tanker Moratorium Act. The senate committee has recommended that …..
- Rescue vessel impounded in Italy after migrants disembark May 21, 2019Italian tax police have impounded SAR vessel Sea-Watch 3 (IMO 7302225) after 47 migrants were disembarked at the port of Lampedusa, southern Italy …..
- BIMCO to publish offshore decommissioning contract May 21, 2019BIMCO's Documentary Committee has approved DISMANTLECON, an international standard contract for offshore decommissioning projects ….