Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- No general increase at American Club, but two supplementary calls announced November 15, 2019American Club will not be imposing a general increase for the 2020/21 policy year, choosing instead to "employ an approach which takes better account of the different profiles of Members".....
- Viking Sky had several alarms go off before events leading to blackout November 15, 2019A total of 18 alarms about low lubricating oil levels sounded on board cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) several hours before a complete blackout left the ship at the mercy of stormy ….
- London Club announces 7.5% general increase November 15, 2019The London P&I Club has announced a general increase in rates of 7.5% for policy year 2020/21. It said that, as part of the renewal process, individual Member deductible levels would also ….
- NTSB tells US Coast Guard to act on “Duck” vehicles reserve buoyancy November 15, 2019The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has issued a Marine Safety Recommendation Report calling upon the US Coast Guard to require sufficient reserve buoyancy for DUKW amphibious …..
- Marine Masters gets salvage contract for grounded chemical tanker off Goa November 15, 2019The State government of Goa in India has selected Netherlands-based salvage company Marine Masters to salvage chemical tanker Nu-Shi Nalini (IMO 9619608) which ran aground off Dona Paula at ….
- First lawsuit filed by victim’s relative as a result of Conception disaster November 15, 2019The first family member of one of the 34 people killed in the fire on accommodation/dive boat Conception on September 2nd has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the ship’s owners, Glen ….
- Sunken ship clogs up cargo flow at major Vietnamese seaport November 15, 2019The sinking of small container ship Vietsun Integrity in the Long Tau Channel continued this week to have serious implications for traffic flow in the area. The Long Tau channel feeds into the ….
- The false economy of amending knock for knock clauses November 15, 2019Alex McCooke, Offshore Syndicate Manager – Claims, Shipowners' Club has written on how amending knock-for-knock clauses can turn out to be a false economy ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th November 2019 November 15, 2019A fire broke out in the engine room of the Polar Marquis (IMO 9190298) on November 11th off Senegal. The fire was extinguished and the situation was brought under control ….
- Marine accident round-up : 14th November 2019 November 14, 2019General cargo ship Jan Jing Gang (IMO 8914075), linked by a UN sanctions panel to prohibited coal transfers at sea, sank in choppy seas on October 15th. The engineer was rescued after …..