Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- CLdN pitches for Brexit business February 21, 2019Luxembourg-headquartered vessel operator Compagnie Luxembourgeoise d’Navigation (CLdN) has made a pitch to the UK Government for contracts for spill-over freight in the event of a no ….
- Venezuela closes maritime border with Dutch Antilles February 21, 2019Venezuelan authorities are reported to have closed the maritime border with the Dutch Antilles. Vice Admiral Quintero Martinez told Reuters on Tuesday February 19th that the move would ….
- Singapore arrests 11 for suspected illegal marine gas oil transfers February 21, 2019The Singapore authorities have arrested 11 men from two boats off Jurong Island for suspected involvement in an illegal transaction of marine gas oil. The Singapore police said on ….
- North of England legal vacancies February 21, 2019North of England Club has two legal vacancies, for an FD&D Shipping Solicitor based in North's north-east headquarters, and for an FD&D Shipping Solicitor based in ….
- New correspondents named by Gard February 21, 2019Gard has appointed a number of new correspondents with effect from February ….
- Oil spill response teams head for beached Solomon Trader February 21, 2019Oil spill response teams were heading for to Rennell Island in the Solomon Islands to battle an oil slick from bulk carrier Solomon Trader (IMO 9075670) which grounded near a ….
- Yantian Express awaiting permission to unload damaged containers February 21, 2019Container ship Yantian Express (IMO 9229831) was still waiting to discharge its damaged containers in Freeport, Bahamas, two weeks after arriving at the port on ….
- Many injured after high-speed wind farm supply vessel is in Baltic Sea collision February 21, 2019High-speed offshore supply ship World Bora (IMO 9684304), was in collision with cargo ship Raba (IMO 8415172) after dawn on February 19th, 2.5 miles east of Stubbenkammer, off ….
- Standard Club sees 40% of business flowing through new Dublin unit February 21, 2019UK-based Standard Club's CEO Jeremy Grose has estimated that about 40% of its business will be written through its new Dublin unit, which has been set up to allow the business to ….
- P&I Clubs’ balance sheets strong but pricing under pressure; AM Best February 21, 2019Pricing was under pressure ahead of the February 20th renewals, according to AM Best in its just-published special report on the P&I Clubs. The rating agency said that competition was ….