Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Asian piracy and armed robberies at sea continue to fall in number April 18, 2019Asian piracy watchdog ReCAAP ISC has reported that there were 10 incidents of armed robbery against ships – nine actual incidents and one attempted incident – during Q1 2019, down from ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th April 2019 April 18, 2019Cargo ship Bellaland (IMO 9199414) suffered an electrical problem during the afternoon of April 13th while en route from Bilbao to Oxelösund. CROSS Gris-Nez was informed and tug …..
- Crystal Gold shipbreaking causing legal dispute April 18, 2019The Crystal Gold, which broke loose from its moorings at Chattogram (Chittagong) Port's outer anchorage and ran aground near Parki beach ran aground at Chattogram's Parki Sea Beach, Bangladesh …..
- No requirement of a cross-undertaking in damages when arresting a vessel April 18, 2019The Court of Appeal in Stallion Eight Shipping Co. S.A. v Natwest Markets plc (The MV Alkyon)  has upheld a lower court decision that an in rem claimant was not required to …..
- Fumigated Cargoes: To vent or not to vent? April 18, 2019North P&I Club has noted that claims have emerged where grain cargoes loaded in the US and subsequently fumigated on board were found to be affected by mould during the voyage …..
- Syndicate results 2018 #9 Syndicate 780 Advent Underwriting April 18, 2019On July 11th last year the syndicate's ultimate parent, Advent Capital Holdings, announced the integration of its profitable Lloyd's underwriting portfolios into other Fairfax UK …..
- Tankers must cool decks during Panama Canal transits April 18, 2019Standard Club has informed Members that tankers have been issued with new deck-cooling orders by the Panama Canal Authority (ACP). The directive applies from this month and involves all …..
- Italian tanker firm says it is shocked to be on US sanctions list April 18, 2019Italian PB Tankers has expressed shock and concern at finding itself on a Venezuela-related sanction list issued last week by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), a department …..
- Marine accident round-up : 17th April 2019 April 17, 2019Container ship Rumba (IMO 9264714) was heavily damaged during a mooring manoeuvre on April 10th at the Strom Quay in Bremerhaven. The ship lost power after a generator failed when ….
- Syndicate results 2018 #8 – Syndicate 727, SA Meacock April 17, 2019The Lloyd's syndicates have now published their results and, in some cases, added detail and an outlook for 2019. As last year, IMN is summarizing the results from all syndicates that ….