Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Release of refugee boat captain upheld by Italian Supreme Court January 22, 2020The shift in Italy's official attitude to migrant/refugees arriving by sea was emphasized last Friday when Italy's Supreme Court of Cassation upheld the release of Captain Carola Rackete, ….
- All but one of kidnapped crew members on tanker Duke are released: one dead January 21, 2020All but one of the 20 Indian crew kidnapped in December from oil tanker Duke (IMO 9262259), who were kidnapped by pirates Benin on December 15th 2019, have been released, However, one crew ….
- “Roadmap For A Sustainable Future”: Marine Insurance London agenda published January 21, 2020This year's Marine Insurance London: "Roadmap For A Sustainable Future" takes place at Etc Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London, on March 20th. The full agenda has now been published, with panel ...
- Master arrested after found allegedly drunk January 21, 2020Swedish Traffic Control in Oresund tried, but failed to contact general cargo ship Christine (IMO 8502145) on the night of January 16th to alert the vessel that she was on a dangerous …..
- VLSFO has higher black carbon emissions than HSFO January 21, 2020Adjustments made to fuel to ensure that it complies with the IMO 2020 0.50% sulphur cap have resulted in the compliant VLSFO having higher levels of black carbon emissions, according to a ….
- 2050 target for 50% cut in carbon emissions will require $1trn investment: Study January 21, 2020New fuel technology investment will cost the shipping industry $1trn by 2050 if the IMO target of a 50% cut in carbon emissions by that date is to be achieved, a study has found ….
- Poor lashing, unadjusted route, contributed to cargo shift on January 21, 2020Cargo shift and damage caused to vehicles on Passenger/Cargo RoRo European Causeway (IMO 9208394), travelling between Larne, Northern Ireland and Cairnryan, Scotland, on December 18th 2018 ....
- MSA issues guidelines on checking of fuel sulphur regulations January 21, 2020The China MSA has issued guidelines on how compliance with the fuel sulphur regulations will be checked and enforced by local authorities. Guidelines for Supervision and Management of ….
- Marine accident round-up : 21st January 2020 January 21, 2020Cargo ship MSC Adelaide (IMO 9618290) struck a moored pilot boat while approaching Gioia Tauro during the late morning of January 18th, having arrived from Genoa. The boat sank after being ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th January 2020 January 20, 2020A derelict Alaska tugboat, the Lumberman, floated away from the spot where it was anchored in Juneau’s Gastineau Channel, Alaska, USA, before eventually running aground. She shifted several ….