Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Hijackings and attacks off Nigeria decline in number year on year July 18, 2019The number of hijackings and armed attacks in the Gulf of Guinea off Nigeria has dropped year on year, according to figures from International Piracy Reporting Centre, IMB ….
- Fukuichi convicted in Guam pollution case July 18, 2019Japanese fishing company Fukuichi Gyogyo Kabushiki Kaisha (Fukuichi) was convicted and sentenced on July 11th in the District of Guam for two violations of the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships ….
- Failures by crew were probable cause of Long Island collision, says NTSB July 18, 2019The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has determined that the probable cause of the collision between fishing vessel Polaris (IMO 9097111) and tanker Tofteviken (IMO 9285847) was a …..
- SMIT Salvage wins Northguider contract July 18, 2019After Gard announced on behalf of the owner of the Northguider a tender for the salvage assignment, four salvage companies qualified to participate in the tender. Netherlands-based SMIT Salvage ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th July 2019 July 18, 2019Passenger ship Indera Bupala (IMO 9107966) ran aground in bad weather and heavy rain shortly after midnight on July 15th when 1.5 miles off Mengkilo, Bintan ….
- Hostages taken from Turkish cargo ship off coast of Nigeria July 18, 2019Armed pirates took 10 Turkish sailors hostage after attacking general cargo ship Paksoy-1 (IMO 9081992) in the Gulf of Guinea off the coast of Nigeria during the evening of Saturday July 13th ….
- Missing small oil tanker was taken in for repairs, says Iran July 18, 2019A small Panamanian-flagged oil products tanker, the Riah (IMO 8816455) that went missing while she was transiting the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf had suffered technical difficulties …..
- Turkey says fourth research ship will be sent to Cyprus EEZ July 18, 2019Turkey Energy Minister Fatih Donmez said on Tuesday July 16th that the country would be sending a fourth ship to the Eastern Mediterranean near Cyprus to conduct seismic research for oil …...
- New UAE laws will protect abandoned sailors July 18, 2019The UAE is to introduce new laws that aim to protect abandoned seafarers as part of its draft maritime law, which is set to come into force early in 2020. It will also allow people to ….
- Marine accident round-up : 17th July 2019 July 17, 2019The US Coast Guard coordinated the rescue of two Mexican fishermen aboard fishing vessel Mazatun (IMO 8125129) who had been injured when their vessel’s crane collapsed on July 9th in ….