Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Crew members kidnapped from supertanker off Nigeria December 6, 2019Crude oil tanker Nave Constellation (IMO 9515929) has been attacked off Nigeria. The pirates kidnapped 19 crew members –18 of them Indians and one of them Turkish, Navios Tanker Management …..
- Structure and fire-fighting efforts a concern in NZ fishing vessel fire December 6, 2019Issues with the structure of fishing vessel Dong Won 701 and crew firefighting efforts after she caught fire have been cited by the New Zealand Transport Accident Investigation Commission …..
- POLA and captain found not guilty in Thames death case December 6, 2019The Port of London Authority and the captain of tug Chiefton have been found not guilty after the vessel's engineer, Darren Lacey, was killed when the tug capsized and sank near Greenwich Pier ….
- Crew of cargo vessel rescued in Aegean Sea December 6, 2019Greek authorities on Wednesday December 4th rescued the crew of general cargo ship New Leo (IMO 9113044), which was adrift in the Aegean Sea, coast guard officials said ….
- Dredging will connect Siberia with the Northern Sea Route December 6, 2019Dredging projects on the Ob River could connect Siberia to the Northern Sea Route, according to Andrey Travnikov, governor of the region. Speaking at a press conference in late November ….
- Skipper alleged to have been distracted by WhatsApp when dredger swamped fishing boat December 6, 2019A scallop dredger sank a small fishing boat, the James 2, off Shoreham, killing three men, while the larger vessel’s skipper was distracted by WhatsApp, a court has been told, according to ….
- Marsh JLT P&I Club assessment (2 of 4): London, North of England December 6, 2019John Trew, Marsh Special Advisor, has offered in Marsh JLT's P&I pre-renewal Review a potted summary of each of the clubs individually, attempting to capture the intangible as well as ….
- Exemptions to livestock ban in Australia will be granted on case-by-case basis December 6, 2019Australia's Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development has denied being approached for exemptions to pending animal welfare regulations for twin-tier livestock ….
- Marine accident round-up : 6th December 2019 December 6, 2019The Maritime Ports Administration SA Constanţa, Rumania, has begun the recovery of the drowned sheep from livestock carrier Queen Hind (IMO 7290675) in Midia, which were in danger of ….
- IMO 2020 is setting stage for a perfect storm of litigation: Hill Dickinson December 5, 2019The incoming 0.50% sulphur cap on January 1st 2020 has the potential to present a perfect storm for litigators dealing with disputes between owners, charterers and bunker suppliers in cases …..