Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 15th August 2018 August 15, 2018Passenger ship Halunder Jet (IMO 9825295) was struck by a large wave on August 11th while en route from Heligoland to Hamburg, Germany. A railing on the forward main deck was torn off ….
- Loss Prevention – Regulation update from Standard August 15, 2018Standard Club has noted that, with the constantly evolving regulatory landscape, it was "essential to keep abreast of the industry developments and understand the challenges when addressing ….
- Be wary of “subject to review” clauses August 15, 2018Yap Yin Soon, partner, Allen & Gledhill, has noted in an article on the Shipowners' Club web site that a recent case in Singapore proved that Members contracting in the jurisdiction should be wary of
- IMB-Maersk blockchain solution gets 94 organizations on board August 15, 2018AP Moller-Maersk and IBM have created TradeLens, a solution jointly developed by the two companies to apply blockchain to the world’s global supply chain. The announcement follows the ….
- Lack of wear detector a factor in fire off Isle of Wight: MAIB August 15, 2018The lack of a wear detector on the engines of ferry "Wight Sky" was a factor in a fire on the ferry in September last year, the UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) has found ….
- Three South Korean firms accused of breaking North Korea sanctions August 15, 2018Three South Korean firms have been accused of importing coal from North Korea, pretending that the coal was Russian, South Korea’s customs agency said on Friday August 10th, Reuters reports ….
- Ghana arrests saiko crew August 15, 2018Ghana is cracking down on “saiko” – an illegal practice whereby industrial trawlers sell fish to local canoes at sea ….
- Grounded fishing vessel could have 1,200 gallons of fuel on board August 15, 2018Grounded fishing vessel Pacific Quest, which beached and broke up near Seymour Marine Discovery Centre in Santa Cruz, central California, could have up to 1,200 gallons of fuel on board ….
- Marine accident round-up : 14th August 2018 August 14, 2018Authorities have begun a detailed inspection of crude oil tanker Desh Shakti (IMO 9263734), which they suspect was involved in a mid-sea collision off Kochi on August 7th, leading to …..
- Specific mechanisms dealing with human rights reporting are lacking at sea August 14, 2018Human Rights at Sea, in partnership with the University of Bristol Human Rights Clinic and Human Rights Implementation Centre, has published a first report on flag states' monitoring ….