Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Fast-changing Arctic and North Atlantic conditions bring route risks: AGCS July 20, 2018Climate change is freeing up new trade routes in some areas, while increasing the risk of ice in others, said Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) in its Safety And Shipping Review 2018 ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th July 2018 July 20, 2018UK War Risks Club said it had been advised of an unexploded bomb or mine presenting a hazard off the Chinese port of Lianyungang at reported position ….
- Ship agent failed to verify disposal costs in advance July 20, 2018Mutual insurer ITIC, a major provider of professional indemnity insurance to the entire transport sector, including marine, reports in its latest claims review of a case where a ship agent ….
- Insights from Data Analytics help ReCAAP July 20, 2018Throughout 2017, ReCAAP ISC embarked on incorporating Data Analytics into its analysis to enhance its information sharing capabilities. Since 2007 ReCAAP ISC has collected the data ….
- Vietnam orders vessels back to port ahead of tropical storm July 20, 2018Vietnam ordered vessels back to port and prepared evacuation plans in flood-prone northern provinces ahead of tropical storm Son Tinh, which made landfall in northern coastal areas late on Wednesday J
- More problems with ecological inspectors in Ukrainian ports July 20, 2018Standard Club has said that it would like to maintain members' awareness of the problems relating to so-called ecological inspectors in Ukraine ….
- New Zealand – Biofouling regulatory requirements reminder July 20, 2018P&I Services, West of England Club’s Correspondents in Auckland, has published three circulars containing general guidance on the MPI’s requirements and expectations of the New Zealand....
- Cargo ship runs aground north of Caithness July 20, 2018General cargo ship Priscilla (IMO 9411745) ran aground on the Pentland Skerries between Orkney and the Caithness coast, northeast of Duncansby Head, at 03:30 local time on July 18th....
- Marine accident round-up : 19th July 2018 July 19, 2018Bulk carrier Ikan Kerapu (IMO 9697959) ran aground early on July 15th in the Irbe Strait of the Gulf of Riga. The ship was en route from Riga, Latvia, whence it had sailed on July 14th ….
- Industry’s struggle with container ship fires continues: AGCS July 19, 2018Major fires on container vessels are among the largest hazards for the global shipping industry and the insurance industry’s fears of a major cargo ship fire were realized on March 7th ….