Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Insufficient maintenance caused passenger vessel fire December 14, 2018The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has said that an insufficient preventative maintenance programme and lack of guidance for responding to engine high-temperature …..
- Tugboat drowning victims’ families file suit against Wepfer Marine Inc December 14, 2018The families of Keith Pigram and Aquavious Jamison are taking legal action against Wepfer Marine Inc, Jamison's mother told local news outlets in Memphis. She was at a candlelit vigil ….
- Indian Navy’s anti-piracy patrol seizes arms and ammunition off Somalia December 14, 2018The Indian Navy, which has been deploying one ship, currently INS Sunayana, in the Gulf of Aden on anti-piracy patrol since October 2008, has reported seizing arms and ammunition from a ….
- NIMASA protests piracy report on Nigeria December 14, 2018The Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, Dakuku Peterside, has called on the International Maritime Bureau (IMB), part of the International Chamber of Co
- Interlegal lawyers charged bunker debt amounting to $240,000 December 14, 2018Ukraine-based law firm Interlegal has reported on a foreign bunkering company that applied to Interlegal for a $240,000 debt recovery for ….
- Coal cargo – additional category December 14, 2018Swedish Club has informed members that from January 1st 2019 there will be a supplementary International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code (IMSCB) for coal (see IMN December 4th for the ….
- Appeal Court says cross-undertakings requirement could be changed December 14, 2018At the moment claimants who arrest vessels cannot be required to give cross-undertakings in damages, but the Court of Appeal says the position may be open to reconsideration …..
- Captain was three times over drink limit December 14, 2018A captain of a chemical tanker has been fired by shipmanager Anglo-Eastern after being found to have been more than three times over the legal drinking limit when his ship was due to leave ….
- Autonomous ships – zooming in on liability and insurance – Part 2 of 5 December 14, 2018The final report from a joint project between CORE Advokatfirma and Cefor on Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships (MASS) …..
- Marine accident round-up : 14th December 2018 December 14, 2018Passenger ship Alexandra L (IMO 7419626) suffered an engine failure while it was sailing off Chios Island, Greece, on December 9th. The vessel was towed into Chios port by a boat of the ….