Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 17th August 2018 August 17, 2018Container ship Repulse Bay (IMO 9238698) became disabled and went adrift near the Canary Islands off Santa Cruz, shortly after leaving Tenerife, bound for Algeciras late on …..
- New booklet from American Club on safety management August 17, 2018American Club has released Safety Management Systems, the fourth in a series of loss prevention literature the Club has published over recent years. It aims to assist seafarers and shoreside....
- Aderco offers “get me home” contaminated fuel solution August 17, 2018The increasing concern at the outbreak of contaminated fuel, which has appeared in both Houston and Singapore, in addition to the Americas, causing engine failures and mechanical damage ….
- Bunker contamination cases sound a warning bell for 2020, says MFB August 17, 2018UK-based MFB Solicitors has noted that bunker contamination claims have been a growing trend this year, with more than 100 vessels reporting damage relating to contaminated bunkers ….
- Standard Club warns on “wait and watch” strategy on forthcoming sulphur cap August 17, 2018Standard Club has noted that, with less than 18 months to go until the 2020 global sulphur cap deadline, several ship owners and operators were still maintaining a "wait and watch stance"....
- Hephaestus finally refloated August 17, 2018Local Malta-based salvors Cassar Ship Repair have finally refloated small bunkering tanker Hephaestus (IMO 6519326), which ran hard aground in a storm near Qawra, northern Malta, on February ….
- BP offloads oil after three months at sea August 17, 2018BP finally offloaded about 1m barrels of Angolan crude from supertanker Olympic Light (IMO 9424273) on August 14th after holding the oil at sea for about three months, reported Reuters …..
- Capsized tugboat taking longer to right and raise than was expected August 17, 2018Efforts to right and raise tugboat George H Ledcor, which capsized on the Fraser River, Vancouver, during the night of Monday August 13th, are taking longer than expected, the Canadian coast ….
- US hits Chinese and Russian firms over breach of North Korea sanctions August 17, 2018The US has imposed sanctions on a Russian port service agency and Chinese firms for aiding North Korean ships and selling alcohol and tobacco to North Korea, in breach of US sanctions ….
- Seikongen seeking port of refuge August 17, 2018Although the sunken Chilean wellboat Seikongen (IMO 9793985) has been refloated, ten months after sinking off Chloe, Chile, the 100 tons of decomposed salmon reportedly still on the ….