Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Pier contact by cruise ship was result of lack of communication, NTSB finds February 19, 2020Contact between cruise ship Norwegian Epic (IMO 9410569) and two mooring dolphins at San Juan Cruise Port, Pier 3 east, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on February 12th 2019, causing several ….
- Covid-19: Japanese oil cos tighten control on oil tanker acceptance February 19, 2020Leading Japan-based refiners Idemitsu Kosan and JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy have tightened control over the acceptance of oil tankers in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak ….
- Royal Caribbean offers free cruises to Australian/US crisis responders February 19, 2020With a number of ships left unexpectedly idle as a result of the Covid-19 crisis in Asia, Royal Caribbean has decided to dedicate cruise ships Spectrum Of The Seas and Celebrity Millennium ….
- Scots oil rig worker put in isolation after ‘presenting symptoms’ of coronavirus February 19, 2020A Scottish oil rig worker is being treated by medics on board the Tern Alpha platform off Shetland after returning from a holiday in Thailand. He is being tested for suspected coronavirus ….
- Alta runs aground on Irish rocks, 18 months after going adrift in Atlantic February 19, 2020Abandoned cargo ship Alta (IMO 7432305), abandoned and adrift in the Atlantic for 18 months, ran aground near Ballycotton in east Cork, Ireland on February 16th. Locals in Ballycotton ….
- Ireland revokes live export approval on two vessels following media reports February 19, 2020Publicity from The Guardian and Ethical Farming Ireland has been instrumental in a decision by the Irish government to revoke approvals for a live exporter operating two vessels …..
- UK planning evacuation of UK passport holders on Diamond Princess February 19, 2020The UK government has said that it is making plans to evacuate UK nationals from cruise ship Diamond Princess, which has been quarantined off Yokohama, Japan, since February 1st as a ….
- Oil caught in Venezuelan tug-of-war finally docks after year at sea February 19, 2020Crude oil tanker Gerd Knutsen (IMO 9041057) has finally offloaded 950,000 barrels of Venezuelan oil at a domestic port, according to shipping reports and vessel tracking data compiled ….
- Marine accident round-up : 19th February 2020 February 19, 2020The Indian Consulate in Dubai has repatriated the bodies of the two Indians who were killed in a fire on board tanker Zoya 1 off the coast of Sharjah on January 29th. The bodies of Shiva …..
- Salvors Donjon-SMIT file suit over Golden Ray wreck removal February 18, 2020Salvors Donjon-SMIT filed a lawsuit against the US Coast Guard in the US District Court in Brunswick on Thursday February 13th in an attempt to halt salvage operations currently underway for ….