Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Mein Schiff 3 leaves Cuxhaven after a month June 2, 2020Cruise ship Mein Schiff 3'(IMO 9641730) left Steubenhöft wharf, Cuxhaven on May 29th after a month's unintended stay. She was headed towards the German Bight. There had been 2,900 crew on …..
- IGI launches marine trades product June 2, 2020Bermuda-registered niche international specialist commercial insurer and reinsurer IGI has launched a Marine Trades insurance product, strengthening an existing portfolio of marine ….
- Idle cruise ships being hired as migrant floating hotels June 2, 2020Passenger ship Jade (IMO 8529686) has become the fourth cruise boat to be rented by Maltese authorities to house migrants rescued in Maltese waters. A further 75 people were found by the ….
- Canada extends ban on cruise ships until October 31st June 2, 2020Canada has extended its ban on cruise ships calling at its ports until October 31st. Transport Minister Marc Garneau said that cruise ships with overnight accommodations that carry more than ...
- African crew members finally get ashore June 2, 2020Cruise ship Carnival Fascination (IMO 9041253), which initially had been refused permission to dock in Wavis Bay, Namibia in order to repatriate about 130 African crew members, was given ….
- Anna Marra could take 56,000 stranded sheep from Fremantle June 2, 2020Talks were reported to be under way to sail 56,000 sheep from Western Australia to the Middle East aboard livestock carrier Anna Marra (IMO 8901860) after the Al Kuwait (IMO 9590931) ….
- North notes potential VLSFO problem with heat-sensitive cargoes June 2, 2020North of England Club has notified members that the new fuels introduced to the bunker market to deal with the 0.50% sulphur cap from January 1st 2020 had been diverse in nature …..
- Use of tankers as floating storage – arising legal issues June 2, 2020Sally-Ann Underhill and Peter Glover of Reed Smith have written for Swedish Club on the potential legal issues arising from the use of tankers as floating storage, which was very much ….
- Syndicate Results 2019 #34 Syndicate 3624 Hiscox June 2, 2020Syndicate 3624 in calendar year 2019 booked a loss of $27.2m (2018: profit of $13.1m) ....
- Marine accident round-up : 2nd June 2020 June 2, 2020The Brazilian National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) put cargo ship Pedro Alvares Cabral (IMO 9603219) under quarantine on May 29th upon the vessel's arrival at Santos ….