Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine accident round-up : 16th October 2018 October 16, 2018General cargo ship Nysand (IMO 6514936) took in water at the quay in Sunde, Norway, during the afternoon of October 12th. The fire brigade was alerted and dewatered the ship with pumps …..
- 3D printing, the implications for the future of shipping October 16, 2018In the latest Standard Club Technology Bulletin Deputy Underwriter Callum O’Brien noted that the pace of technological change in the shipping industry had accelerated exponentially ….
- Language differences led to collision October 16, 2018In the latest of the UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB)'s 'Safety Digest', (volume 2, 2018) the board described a collision between two vessels that occurred from misunderstanding....
- Nigerian Ports Authority criticizes CMA CGM over $400 surcharge October 16, 2018Agents were threatening a boycott and the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has threatened to sanction CMA CGM over its imposition of $400 surcharge per container on shipments to ….
- Marsh building blockchain verification solution October 16, 2018Insurance-broking and risk-management company Marsh is working with data security firm Evident to build a blockchain-based verification solution for companies in the sharing and gig economies ….
- CSL Virginia oil spill dividing, evaporating, mainly cleaned up October 16, 2018The oil pollution generated by the collision between cross-Med ferry Ulysse (IMO 9142459) and container ship CSL Virginia (IMO 9289568) has continued moving north, then following the Ligurian current
- Several injured in oil tanker fire in Gadani ship breaking yard October 16, 2018Several people were injured, three of them in critical condition after an oil tanker caught fire in Gadani ship-breaking yard on Sunday October 14th, according to local ….
- CMA GGM Mumbai hits pier in India October 16, 2018Neopanamax CMA CGM Mumbai (IMO 9778131) struck a pier while docking at Mumbai Jawaharlal Nehru Port during the morning of October 13th, on arrival from Karachi, Pakistan ….
- WoE signs contract for whole floor at One Creechurch Place; report October 16, 2018P&I Club West of England is reported to have signed a lease for the entire ninth floor of One Creechurch Place, which would constitute a move north of the river from its current …..
- Japan Club suffers comms disruption with London October 16, 2018Japan P&I Club yesterday suffered a major communications breakdown between its London Liaison Office and Japan P&I Club (UK) Services Ltd as the result of a fault ….