Latest news from the marine insurance sector
The latest news from the global marine insurance industry. Updated each working day and without any access restrictions.
- Marine at Lloyd’s had “challenges” says Neal March 25, 2019"Marine has had its challenges in the insurance class in the past year or two and we had to take a serious look at performance across the market", admitted John Neal on Friday in a ….
- Cruise ship Viking Sky heading for port after engines restarted March 25, 2019Cruise ship Viking Sky (IMO 9650420) lost power on Saturday March 23rd while sailing from Tromso to Stavanger, focing an evacuation order in heavy seas ….
- Lloyd’s changes emphasis in geographical focus, more “tactical” approach to emerging markets March 25, 2019Speaking at Marine Insurance London conference on Friday March 22nd, Lloyd's CEO John Neal said that Lloyd's had slightly changed emphasis in its geographical focus ….
- Lloyd’s aggregated results will not be a pretty story, warns Neal March 25, 2019Lloyd's CEO John Neal told attendees at the Marine Insurance London conference on Friday March 22nd that the aggregated results that Lloyd's would be presenting this Wednesday March 27th …..
- OFAC adds 18 vessels to suspect list on North Korean trading March 25, 2019The US Treasury Department has added 18 ships to its list of vessels suspected of illicit practices in association with North Korea …..
- Anti-pollution neasures continue after Grande America sinking March 25, 2019Good weather conditions in the Bay of Biscay on March 21st permitted the continuation of anti-pollution operations in the vicinity of the spot where ConRo Grande America (IMO 9130937) ….
- American Club managerial appointments March 25, 2019The manager of American Club, SCB, has announced several recent appointments ….
- Dieter Berg joins Concirrus board as non-executive director March 25, 2019Insurtech Concirrus has announced that Dieter Berg, former President of the International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI), has joined its Board as a ….
- Venezuelan ports operational, security level 1: North March 25, 2019North of England Club's Venezuela correspondents Venepandi have advised that all ports in the country were are operational and that security remained at ….
- Campaign for greater container safety “must focus first on dangerous goods” March 25, 2019The recent reports of container ship fires has once more focused those in the container supply chain on safety issues related to the incorrect processing of dangerous goods, says …..