Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- AMSA intends to recover container recovery costs from shipowner January 22, 2020Community information sessions will be held in Nelson Bay, Tea Gardens and Newcastle in February 2020 to discuss how 60 containers lost from container ship YM Efficiency (IMO 9353280) …..
- “Roadmap For A Sustainable Future”: Marine Insurance London agenda published January 21, 2020This year's Marine Insurance London: "Roadmap For A Sustainable Future" takes place at Etc Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London, on March 20th. The full agenda has now been published, with panel ...
- Poor lashing, unadjusted route, contributed to cargo shift on January 21, 2020Cargo shift and damage caused to vehicles on Passenger/Cargo RoRo European Causeway (IMO 9208394), travelling between Larne, Northern Ireland and Cairnryan, Scotland, on December 18th 2018 ....
- Marine accident round-up : 21st January 2020 January 21, 2020Cargo ship MSC Adelaide (IMO 9618290) struck a moored pilot boat while approaching Gioia Tauro during the late morning of January 18th, having arrived from Genoa. The boat sank after being ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th January 2020 January 20, 2020A derelict Alaska tugboat, the Lumberman, floated away from the spot where it was anchored in Juneau’s Gastineau Channel, Alaska, USA, before eventually running aground. She shifted several ….
- Dangerous goods “common” in Turkish straits January 20, 2020More than 84,000 ships passed Turkey's Bosphorus and Çanakkale straits in 2019, and nearly 25% of these were declared to be carrying dangerous goods, the Ministry of Transportation …..
- Large rolls affected structural strength of 53ft containers on container ship January 20, 2020A bay on containership CMS CGM G Washington (IMO 9780847) collapsed because the acceleration forces generated during the large rolls exceeded the structural strength of the non-standard 53ft ….
- Shipping needs to tackle misdeclared cargo in 2020, says freight forwarder January 17, 2020International freight forwarder iContainers has warned that onboard fires caused by misdeclared cargo was a growing issue that needed to be addressed this year. Klaus Lysdal, vice president ….
- Piracy and armed robbery decrease, unprecedented rise of crew kidnappings January 16, 2020While 2019 saw a fall in the amount of piracy and armed robbery at sea, there was an "unprecedented" increase in kidnappings, mainly in the Gulf of Guinea, according to the just published …..
- Marine accident round-up : 15th January 2020 January 15, 2020Towing vessel Raduga Europe (IMO 8518468) has sailed to Tallinn after the implementation of temporary repairs. A salvage contract has been signed with Alfred Hakans. The salvage operations ….