Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Larger ships generate huge data requirements for general average December 11, 2019The large number of containers on current container ships generates significant data compilation requirements, said Paul Friett, Assistant Director of W.E. Cox Claims Group (Europe) Ltd …..
- Update from Matcham on the major claims database project December 11, 2019In the latest IUMI Eye, Dave Matcham, Chief Executive, International Underwriting Association and member of the IUMI Facts & Figures Committee has updated on the Major Claims Database project ….
- Marine accident round-up : 11th December 2019 December 11, 2019Cruise ship Ventura (IMO 9333175) became disabled and adrift during the evening of December 7th, a short time after leaving Santa Cruz De Tenerife as part of a 12-day cruise which started ….
- Japan plans to send seamen to guard ships in Middle East December 9, 2019Japan is considering a plan that would see about 270 members of its Maritime Self-Defence force on one escort ship sent to the Middle East to guard ships supplying Japan ...
- Marine accident round-up : 6th December 2019 December 6, 2019The Maritime Ports Administration SA Constanţa, Rumania, has begun the recovery of the drowned sheep from livestock carrier Queen Hind (IMO 7290675) in Midia, which were in danger of ….
- Three incidents of armed robbery against ships in Asia last week December 5, 2019Three incidents of robbery on ships were reported to ReCAAP ISC during the period November 26th to December 2nd. Two were incidents occurred on ships that were underway in the eastbound …..
- Major claims making a comeback: IUMI December 5, 2019Global marine insurance premiums reached $28.9bn in 2018, according to the 2019 statistics report from the International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI). The association said that this …..
- Marine accident round-up : 5th December 2019 December 5, 2019On December 2nd the owner of hopper dredger Bhagvati Prem (IMO 9492115), Mercator, was given a week to inspect the vessel to assess the damages she had suffered. Mercator will send a …..
- Uncertainty prevails across all marine insurance lines, says IUMI December 4, 2019In the second annual statistics report from the International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI), the Facts & Figures Committee said that this year there had been a modest single percentage ….
- Marine accident round-up : 4th December 2019 December 4, 2019A fire broke out aboard Russian ferry Sprinter (238 gt, built 1991) early on November 24th while she was moored close to the shipyard at the port of Astrakhan. Local firefighters and a …..