Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Australia rejects sheep exporter’s alternative plan July 17, 2018Australia's Federal Department of Agriculture (FDA) has suspended the licence of livestock exporter EMS Rural Exports. As a result the export to the Middle East of 45,000 of 60,000 sheep ….
- USCG holds public hearing on Bouchard tank barge explosion July 16, 2018The US Coast Guard will open a formal public hearing today, July 16th, to consider evidence relating to the explosion and fire aboard Bouchard No 255 tank barge, resulting in the deaths of ….
- Premiums up 10% year on year at UK Defence Club July 16, 2018UK Defence Club saw its gross written premiums increase by 10% between policy years 2016 and 2017, while the surplus rose from £780,000 to £4.89m (post-premium reduction for credit ….
- Marine accident round-up : 13th July 2018 July 13, 2018The salvaging of live fish carrier Seikongen (IMO 9793985) in Chiloé, Chile, was scheduled to start on July 12th at 08:00 local time in the Bay of Pilpilehue in the commune of Chonchi ...
- “Pool” system levy a possible solution for misdeclared cargo claims: Cannock summary July 13, 2018The container has served to 'distance' shippers, forwarders and vessel owners from the goods being carried by the vessel for which they are responsible, says Matt Cannock, Managing Director ….
- Seventeen Group buys specialist UK regional marine broker July 13, 2018London, UK-based broker Seventeen Group has bought Kent-based marine and marine trade specialist broker Everard Insurance for an undisclosed sum. Everards was established in 1969 ….
- “Pool” system levy a possible solution for misdeclared cargo claims: Cannock July 12, 2018As we once again watch a drifting, abandoned container vessel with flames billowing from the containers on her deck, the question must be asked: is it not time the marine industry finally does somethi
- Chinese ports begin to clear backlogged US imports July 11, 2018The main Chinese ports started clearing on Monday July 9th the goods that had been imported from the US but whose status when it came to the new tariffs was unclear, reported Reuters ….
- Owners declared general average after engine trouble July 9, 2018Chemical oil products tanker Galissas (IMO 9397781) was diverted to Cape Town because of main engine problems, while laden with a cargo of gasoil, on June 11th. She was on a voyage from....
- UK Club hosts loss prevention seminar July 9, 2018The UK P&I Club hosted a Loss Prevention seminar for its Greek Members and brokers at the Yacht Club of Greece, Piraeus, on July 5th. Director of loss prevention Stuart Edmonston, delivered ….