Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Marine accident round-up : 19th July 2019 July 19, 2019Independent shipowning association BIMCO has put together a guide for how members can use the bunker adjustment factor (BAF) clause to manage rising fuel cost and possible volatility in prices ….
- Eni files fraud complaint against fired head of oil trading July 19, 2019Italian oil major Eni has filed a fraud complaint against its former head of trading and operations, Alessandro Des Dorides, over a suspect Iraqi crude oil shipment. There were concerns ….
- Marine accident round-up : 18th July 2019 July 18, 2019Passenger ship Indera Bupala (IMO 9107966) ran aground in bad weather and heavy rain shortly after midnight on July 15th when 1.5 miles off Mengkilo, Bintan ….
- Missing small oil tanker was taken in for repairs, says Iran July 18, 2019A small Panamanian-flagged oil products tanker, the Riah (IMO 8816455) that went missing while she was transiting the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf had suffered technical difficulties …..
- Marine accident round-up : 17th July 2019 July 17, 2019The US Coast Guard coordinated the rescue of two Mexican fishermen aboard fishing vessel Mazatun (IMO 8125129) who had been injured when their vessel’s crane collapsed on July 9th in ….
- Lost and damaged container costs mount, says AGCS July 17, 2019Although it not uncommon for containers to be lost at sea, the risks posed by heavy weather, inadequate stowing and lashing and even environmental concerns means this issue is a growing ….
- Private security guards not encouraged for ships in Persian Gulf July 17, 2019Shipping companies sailing through the Middle East Gulf were being urged to avoid having private armed security guards onboard as the risk of escalation in the region rose ….
- MSC deposits $50m to allow cocaine container ship to leave US port July 17, 2019After being seized by US Customs and Border Protection on July 4th the US's biggest ever cocaine bust, container ship MSC Gayane (IMO 9770763) is now sailing towards the Netherlands ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th July 2019 July 16, 2019LCT Evelia (MMSI:613022017) sank in the Bight of Bonny in the eastern Gulf of Guinea while en route from Douala to Libreville, about halfway between the two ports. Of the 13 crew members on …..
- UK seeks de-escalation of Iran situation July 15, 2019UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said that Iranian tanker Grace 1, which was detained by Royal Marines at the request of the Gibraltar administration could be released if the UK ….