Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Marine at Lloyd’s had “challenges” says Neal March 25, 2019"Marine has had its challenges in the insurance class in the past year or two and we had to take a serious look at performance across the market", admitted John Neal on Friday in a ….
- Anti-pollution neasures continue after Grande America sinking March 25, 2019Good weather conditions in the Bay of Biscay on March 21st permitted the continuation of anti-pollution operations in the vicinity of the spot where ConRo Grande America (IMO 9130937) ….
- Campaign for greater container safety “must focus first on dangerous goods” March 25, 2019The recent reports of container ship fires has once more focused those in the container supply chain on safety issues related to the incorrect processing of dangerous goods, says …..
- Marine accident round-up : 25th March 2019 March 25, 2019A triple collision between container ships occurred at the anchorage of Yokohama off the Nonmoku Terminal late on March 21st, Cargo ship Marcliff (IMO 9343663) had just left the Nonmoku ….
- Marine accident round-up : 22nd March 2019 March 22, 2019Ocean Constructor (IMO 7814424) suffered a fire in her engine room on March 13th in the Gulf of Mexico while laying two pipelines at the Ku-Maloob-Zaap oil field in the Campeche Sound ….
- Magnets said to be used to manipulate mass flow meters March 22, 2019North P&I Club has said that concerns had been raised on the use of magnets to manipulate bunker barge mass flow meters (MFM) …..
- Limited edition 911s sank with Grande America March 22, 2019Germany-based high-performance car manufacturer Porsche will be restarting production of a sequence of limited-edition 911s after 37 Porsches sank, along with more than 2,200 other …..
- Weather improves at site of Grande America sinking March 21, 2019Weather conditions at the site of the sinking of Conro Grande America (IMO 9130937) in the Bay of Biscay had improved significantly by March 20th, A comprehensive pollution control system ….
- Marine accident round-up : 21st March 2019 March 21, 2019The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) is investigating a collision between two bulk carriers, Caravos Harmony (IMO 9595589) and Pan Acacia (IMO 9510505), in Vancouver Harbour …..
- Marine accident round-up : 20th March 2019 March 20, 2019Towboat Michelle Ann sank last Thursday March 14th at the general anchorage in Baton Rouge, Louisiana after striking the anchor chain of bulk carrier Iolcos Unity (IMO 9313058) …..