Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Marine accident round-up : 18th January 2019 January 18, 2019The U.S. Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for two people in the water near Bootheville, Louisiana after the support boat they were on capsized during a training exercise …..
- Nigeria importers, exporters to be issued electronic marine certificates January 18, 2019Importers and exporters at the various ports in Nigeria are to be issued with digitized marine certificates against the previous practice of physical …..
- Marine accident round-up : 17th January 2019 January 17, 2019Cargo ship Rix Emerald (IMO 9116802) ran aground off Landskrona, Sweden, during the morning of January 15th. She was in ballast at the time. No oil leakage was observed …..
- Maersk pilots physical container inspection in North America January 17, 2019Denmark-based Maersk and other carriers have said that they were working to improve safety and reliability in the Containerized Maritime Supply Chain by verifying that cargo descriptions ….
- Damaged containers successfully removed from MSC Zoe January 17, 2019All damaged containers had been removed from ULCV MSC Zoe (IMO 9703318), which is in the port of Bremerhaven, by January …..
- Marine accident round-up : 16th January 2019 January 16, 2019General cargo ship Nauma (IMO 9362827) reportedly has leaked oil into the waters of Fremantle, Western Australia. The alarm was raised early on January 12th at the north-eastern end of the ….
- Hannover Re & HDI Global launch new specialty insurance venture January 16, 2019HDI Global Specialty SE, a new specialty lines insurer launched as a collaborative venture between Talanx Group companies Hannover Re and HDI Global, has commenced underwriting with ….
- The Swedish Club: New lessons from past experiences January 16, 2019The Swedish Club has published a new edition of Claims at a Glance, a summary of cases and statistics taken from its experiences in Loss Prevention over the last three years ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th January 2019 January 15, 2019Work had to be interrupted during the night of January 9th due to an upcoming storm after 85m3 of diesel had been removed within 10 hours from fishing trawler ….
- Number of containership fires is ‘shocking’ says risk consultant January 15, 2019The number of fires aboard container ships was a matter of grave concern, according to Andrew Kinsey, senior risk consultant at Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) …..