Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Marine accident round-up : 21st November 2019 November 21, 2019An explosion occurred aboard bulk carrier Cape India (IMO 9654804) during the afternoon of November 11th while she was under way off the coast of East Kalimantan ….
- Travelers to cease writing cargo at Lloyd’s, claims report November 21, 2019The Lloyd's arm of US-based insurer Travelers will be exiting cargo business at Lloyd’s, according to a report in The Insurer. Travelers Syndicate 5000 currently offers marine ….
- Marine accident round-up : 20th November 2019 November 20, 2019A tugboat was semii-submerged after alliding with the Old Bonner Bridge in Oregon Inlet in North Carolina on Sunday, the US Coast Guard has said. All eight people aboard the tug ….
- Australian livestock exporters plead not guilty November 20, 2019Two ex-directors of Australian livestock-shipping company Emanuel Exports, Graham Daws and Michael Stanton, pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty charges on Friday November ….
- Marine accident round-up : 19th November 2019 November 19, 2019General cargo ship Silver Way (IMO 8858855) caught fire while transiting the Sea of Japan, near the South Korean Port of Pohang, on November 17th. There were 13 Russian crew aboard ….
- Pioneer Syndicate 1980 to be placed into run-off November 18, 2019Pioneer Underwriters is to place its 1980 syndicate into run-off. Pioneer said that a strategic review had determined that the cost of capital within the structure of its Lloyd’s syndicate was ….
- Marine accident round up : 17th November 2019 November 18, 2019Fishing vessel Sharon Vale (IMO 8604216) which was acting as a Guard Ship to the IFA2 cable laying project, lost power, ran aground and was taking on water 1.2 miles south-east of ….
- ECSA & ICS demand “appropriate” response to Gulf of Guinea piracy attacks November 18, 2019Following an attack on Norwegian-flagged bulk carrier MV Bonita on November 4th and. later that day, an attack on Greek vessel Elka Aristotle resulting in the abduction of four of her ….
- Marine Masters gets salvage contract for grounded chemical tanker off Goa November 15, 2019The State government of Goa in India has selected Netherlands-based salvage company Marine Masters to salvage chemical tanker Nu-Shi Nalini (IMO 9619608) which ran aground off Dona Paula at ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th November 2019 November 15, 2019A fire broke out in the engine room of the Polar Marquis (IMO 9190298) on November 11th off Senegal. The fire was extinguished and the situation was brought under control ….