Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Covid-19 fears lead bulk carrier crew to refuse to offload cargo in Bangladesh April 7, 2020The master and the crew of bulk carrier Tomini Destiny (IMO 9718155) were in conflict with the vessel's owner after the ship’s Indian captain invoked Master’s Authority under the ….
- Safety Digest from MAIB April 7, 2020The UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) has published its first 2020 collection of accidents involving vessels from the merchant, fishing and recreational sectors ….
- Manila ports could shut down amid ongoing cargo congestion April 7, 2020Manila ports could have to shut down if cargo owners and consignees continued to ignore calls to withdraw cleared, ready for delivery and overstaying cargoes warned Philippine Ports ….
- Marine accident round-up : 7th April 2020 April 7, 2020After a crane cable broken on April 1st a rescue boat being lifted from its cradle fell from a height of 20 metres from tankship Torm Maren (IMO 9358400). There were three occupants of the ….
- Marine accident round-up : 6th April 2020 April 6, 2020Tankship Varzuga (IMO 7500401) lost steering control due to an azipod breakdown in ice in the Gulf of Ob in Russian Western Arctic water on March 29th. The tanker was towed through ice ….
- First floating pipe barrier segment installed around the Golden Ray April 3, 2020The first floating pipe barrier segment has been installed around the wreck of capsized car carrier Golden Ray (IMO 9775816). The environmental protection barrier is being built by Weeks ….
- Marine accident round-up : 3rd April 2020 April 3, 2020Chemical/oil products tanker Key Bora (IMO 9316024) ran aground while approaching Kyleakin pier on the Isle of Skye on March 30th. The vessel was en route from Esbjerg to Kyleakin, with …..
- IUMI discusses impact of Covid-19 on marine insurance April 2, 2020A common impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on marine insurers is likely to be when there is delay or disruption, with cargoes or vessels not being shipped, sailing empty, being delayed …..
- W K Webster introduces eSurveys April 2, 2020W K Webster has launched an eSurvey product under its in-house ISA network. The system permits claimants to join an eSurvey via a Zoom meeting. The eSurvey will be managed and run by an ,,,,
- Exporters may face delays at Argentina ports April 2, 2020Confusion at the procedures implemented in ports in Argentina because of the Covid-19 pandemic might cause inconvenience to exporters, reports Platts, citing a private shipping ….