Marine Cargo Insurance
Covering the latest cargo and freight related insurance news and analysis from across the globe.
- Marine accident round-up : 20th November 2018 November 20, 2018Cargo ship MSC Katyayni (IMO 9110389), which was operating between Piraeus, Greece and Yilport Port in Izmit, Turkey, allided with the dock of the Turkish port at the Yilport Gebze ….
- Fines for misdeclarations in Ukraine November 20, 2018Legal firm Lex Marine in Odessa has reminded members of Britannia Club and North of England Club that if ship’s stores were misdeclared in Ukraine, particularly in the port of ….
- Taking advantage of the new status quo at Lloyd’s November 20, 2018A blogger from insurtech company Concirrus has written on how insurers could take advantage of the leaner Lloyd's marine market in 2019. It noted that four months ago Lloyd’s announced they ….
- Marine accident round-up : 19th November 2018 November 19, 2018High-speed ferry T&T Spirit (IMO 9280897) has been sidelined in Port of Spain until November 17th at the earliest after weeks of mechanical problems, which have resulted in ….
- Marine accident round-up : 16th November 2018 November 16, 2018Three crew members of the Panama-flagged general cargo ship Apollo Kita (IMO 9612466) are reported to have died after being found unconscious in a cargo hold of vessel in Japan ….
- Threat of piracy is chasing foreign vessels from Nigerian waters say Marine Engineers November 16, 2018The Nigerian Institution of Marine Engineers and Naval Architecture (NIMENA) has said that foreign vessels were avoiding Nigerian waters because of the danger of piracy ….
- Marine accident round-up : 15th November 2018 November 15, 2018General cargo ship Rix Crystal (IMO 9050125) ran aground on Sprogø Island, Denmark early on November 10th. The accident happened when the ship, coming from Aarhus, was unloading rocks ….
- Antares licenses Quest Marine from Concirrus November 15, 2018Lloyd's managing agency Antares, a member of the QIC Group and operator of Syndicate 1274, is working with UK-based insurtech company Concirrus and has adopted Concirrus’s Quest Marine data ….
- Japanese government to expand anti-piracy mission November 15, 2018The Japanese government is to extend its anti-piracy mission in the seas off Somalia for another year. Defence Minister Takeshi Iwaya told a news conference that the extension of the ….
- NTSB releases its “Safer Seas Digest” November 14, 2018Maritime accident investigation reports for collisions, explosions, capsizings and allisions and the lessons learned within those reports are detailed in the US National …..