Marine Insurance People
Reporting on the new appointments in the marine insurance and interviews with the executives shaping the industry.
- New IUMI president plans to continue Berg strategy September 20, 2018While conceding that it was slightly unusual for a new IUMI president to come from outside the executive, Richard Turner, Global Marine Director and European Director of Global Risk Solutions at RSA I
- Sedgwick combines Cunningham Lindsey and Sedgwick marine divisions September 18, 2018Sedgwick, a provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions is expanding its global marine practice through the integration of both Sedgwick and Cunningham ….
- Zurich UK makes two new marine underwriting appointments September 18, 2018Zurich UK has named Carrie Schuster to a senior marine underwriter role based in Manchester, UK. In addition, Wayne Krause is joining Zurich to support marine underwriting in Birmingham, UK ….
- Southampton University postgrad wins Gard scholarship September 12, 2018Marine insurer Gard has announced the 2018 winners of the Claes Isacson Scholarship following its AGM in Arendal, south-eastern Norway, on Friday September 7th ….
- LP Insurance Services recruits Galgiani September 7, 2018Reno, Nevada, US-based LP Insurance Services Inc has added Barbara Galgiani to its roster. Galgiani, who has been in marine insurance for more than 20 years, will continue to focus on both ….
- Britannia opens exclusive correspondent office in Copenhagen September 6, 2018Britannia P&I Club has officially opened B Denmark P&I, its newly appointed Exclusive Correspondent, based in Copenhagen....
- New partner at Campbell Johnston Clark August 31, 2018Maritime lawyer Gareth Williams has joined Campbell Johnston Clark (CJC) as a Director of its Singapore office. Williams, who is a specialist in dry work, joins CJC from HFW Singapore ….
- Tsimis leaves American Club August 24, 2018George Tsimis has recently resigned from the American Club's management company Shipowners' Claims Bureau (SCB) to pursue new interests in the shipping industry, CEO Joe Hughes said on Wednesday ….
- New York office for North of England P&I Club August 23, 2018North P&I Club has announced the opening of a new office in New York, USA. It will be headed by Ian Duthie, who joins the Club from broker Marsh. The office will work closely with the existing ….
- Joint Hull Committee appoints new chairman August 22, 2018Paul Newton has been appointed as chairman of the Joint Hull Committee (JHC). He succeeds Peter Townsend, who stepped down in June. Newton is Head of London Marine Hull & ….