Marine Insurance People
Reporting on the new appointments in the marine insurance and interviews with the executives shaping the industry.
- Marine underwriter Charlie Bragg joins Liberty November 19, 2018Liberty Specialty Markets, part of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, has expanded its Ports and Terminals by adding Charlie Bragg to its Marine Liability team ….
- ISWAN, ICS, Intercargo, produce new guide on situations when seafarers go missing November 16, 2018The International Seafarers’ Welfare and Assistance Network (ISWAN) has published new guidance on dealing with situations involving missing seafarers, for the benefit of shipping …..
- Marsh to form Marsh-JLT Specialty post-JLT acquisition November 14, 2018Dominic Burke, currently CEO of JLT Group, will be the chairman of the newly-formed business Marsh-JLT Specialty, with Lucy Clarke, currently CEO of JLT Specialty, as President ….
- Chen Deshun reported to have been placed on social credit blacklist November 7, 2018A Wenzhou, China court has placed Chen Deshun, owner of Tianjin Shunhang Shipping and CSC Phoenix, on a social credit blacklist because he has failed to comply with court rulings....
- Markel Intl creates standalone marine and energy divisions November 6, 2018Markel International the London, UK-based specialist insurer subsidiary of US-based insurer Markel, has created two new standalone divisions for marine and energy ….
- Five new partners, two from marine, at Miller Insurance Services November 6, 2018Phil Wheeler, who leads Miller Insurance Services' marine liability reinsurance team, and Martin Henderson, who heads the marine, energy and transportation liability (METL) team ….
- Two senior Hong Kong marine hires from Hill Dickinson November 1, 2018Commercial law firm Hill Dickinson has appointed two senior hires to its Hong Kong office. Counsel and registered foreign lawyer Edward Liu and Counsel Antony Cowie both joined on 22nd October ….
- AEGIS London appoints James Hyett as cargo underwriter October 19, 2018AEGIS London, the UK-based subsidiary of mutual insurer AEGIS (Associated Electric & Gas Insurance Services Limited), has named James Hyett as cargo underwriter. He joins from ….
- John Taylor named head of specialty at Antares October 15, 2018Lloyd's managing agent Antares, part of the QIC Group, has announced the appointment of John Taylor as Head of Specialty. He will report to the Active Underwriter, Joe Battle ….
- North P&I Club strengthens global underwriting team October 9, 2018North P&I Club has appointed Tom McLoughlin to the bost of underwriter, based in the UK. His former positionsd include with broker Marsh in London, and with "a significant tanker management ….