Marine Insurance People
Reporting on the new appointments in the marine insurance and interviews with the executives shaping the industry.
- UK P&I Club appoints new senior claims director in New Jersey September 12, 2019UK P&I Club has appointed Thomas Rittweger as a senior claims director in its New Jersey office. Rittweger joins the UK Club from Hill Betts and Nash LLP, where he was a partner ….
- Gard announces this year’s winners of Claes Isacson Scholarship September 11, 2019Norwegian marine insurer Gard has announced the 2019 winners of the Claes Isacson Scholarship, following its AGM in Arendal on Friday September 6th. The Scholarship winners for this …..
- HFW to boost market-leading shipping practice with Singapore partner hire September 4, 2019Law firm HFW has hired Singapore partner Christopher Metcalf for its Shipping Practice. Metcalf a dry shipping expert, will join HFW in September from Clyde & Co, subject to local regulatory …..
- Fidelis recruits Bob Clarkson to develop marine account September 4, 2019Fidelis Underwriting Ltd, a subsidiary of Bermuda-based Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited, has recruited Bob Clarkson to its London underwriting team. The experienced Clarkson was most ….
- New appointments at American Club September 3, 2019The managers of American Club have announced one new appointment in the London office and two in Hong Kong. Shipowners Claims Bureau Inc. (SCB) said that Arsinoi Iliokaftou had been appointed ….
- Two Australian appointments for Sedgwick August 28, 2019Sedgwick Queensland has added Belinda Ingram to its marine claims handling service, operating from Sunshine Coast office, Queensland. |Sedgwick said that Ingram brought "a vast amount of ….
- ABS appoints new global head of cyber-security August 23, 2019The American Bureau of Shipping has appointed Ian Bramson as its Global Head of Cyber Security. Bramson will lead the development of a cyber-security risk reduction programme "to meet ….
- Campbell Johnston Clark opens in Miami, appoints Neil Bayer as partner August 21, 2019London UK headquartered shipping law firm Campbell Johnston Clark (CJC) is to open an office in Miami. It has named Florida-based litigator Neil Bayer as a partner. He will head a team focusing …..
- Emily McCulloch joins West of England as senior claims manager August 16, 2019West of England Club has named Emily McCulloch as Senior Claims Manager to enhance its Americas team and to provide a localized claims service to the Club’s Members in the USA, Canada …..
- HFW launches Monaco office with team from Ince August 12, 2019Legal firm HFW is to launch an office in Monaco after hiring a team from Ince. The Monaco practice will be led by partners Ian Cranston, Andrew Charlier and Marco Crusafio ….