Marine Insurance People
Reporting on the new appointments in the marine insurance and interviews with the executives shaping the industry.
- Two marine hires at MFB November 8, 2019London UK-based law firm MFB has announced two new hires to bolster its ship finance and admiralty offerings. Recently recruited James Foley-Comer specializes in commercial shipping …..
- New Gard correspondents in Norway November 8, 2019Gard has announced changes to its correspondent network in the Norwegian ports of Narvik, Stavanger, Haugesund, Lødingen and Mosjøen, effective November …..
- New CFO at Concirrus November 7, 2019InsurTech Concirrus has appointed InsurTech veteran Adrian Turner as chief financial officer. Turner will report to CEO Andrew Yeoman. Turner joins from Guidewire where he was ….
- Vacancy at Gard November 1, 2019Norway-based marine insurer Gard is looking for a Security Advisor to join its Security team in Technology and Business Transformation. The right candidate will have both a strong …..
- Marsh JLT Specialty names Louise Nevill as CEO, UK marine & cargo business October 29, 2019Marsh JLT has named Louise Nevill to the role of as Chief Executive Officer for Marsh JLT Specialty’s UK Marine & Cargo business. Nevill is expected to join the firm early next year ….
- BP Marsh to take stake in new marine broker Lilley Plummer October 28, 2019Financial investment company BP Marsh has said that it will take a 30% stake in newly-formed specialist marine broker Lilley Plummer Risks through a mixture of redeemable and non-....
- Britannia announces new chairman October 25, 2019The Britannia Steam Ship Insurance Association Limited (Britannia) has announced the retirement of Nigel Palmer OBE as chairman of the Britannia Board, to be succeeded by Tony Firmin ….
- New CFO at Gard October 17, 2019Christian Pritchard-Davies has been appointed Chief Financial Officer at marine insurer Gard, effective January 1st 2020. He is currently Gard's Vice President – Head of ….
- North announces senior underwriting appointments October 17, 2019North of England Club has updated on its recent underwriting appointments, which it said sought to strengthen and clarify the provision of service to Members and brokers from the ….
- Sam Ignarski October 16, 2019We are sad to report the sudden death of Sam Ignarski on October 13th. He was 64. Sam leaves a widow and two daughters. Sam's publication Maritime Advocate was always …..