Insurance services and technology solutions provider Charles Taylor has expanded its Marine Technical Services team with the addition of five marine surveyors and one global operations manager. Charles Taylor said that the appointments would broaden Charles Taylor Marine Technical Services’ US footprint and deepen its expertise in all areas of marine surveying.
Four senior marine surveyors: John Poulson, Sean Murphy, Glenn Walker, Peter Poulson and operations manager, Lillian Aquilia, are joining the company, effective immediately. They will operate from Charles Taylor US locations in New York, Boston, Savannah and San Francisco. A Senior Technical Director, as yet unidentified by Charles Taylor, will be joining the team in the UK, effective July 31st.
Kuhrt Wieneke, President, Charles Taylor Marine Technical Services, US, said that “the addition of these highly qualified marine professionals brings decades of hands-on and institutional experience to our growing team. We’re excited to lead the market in the evolution of surveying with the use of technology and efficient processes built upon unsurpassed industry knowledge”.
- John Poulson, MSc CEng CMarEng brings more than 40 years’ experience in marine engineering, surveying, consulting, claims and loss prevention. As a senior manager, Mr. Poulson has held various leadership roles for the coordination and oversight of global marine surveying and consulting operations, quality control and dispute resolution. Poulson is a Chartered Engineer and earned a post-graduate Master of Science (Msc) degree from the University of Portsmouth,
- Sean Murphy, CEng is a chartered engineer and naval architect with seven years of consulting across a range of maritime and engineering matters focused on mitigating incident risk. He holds a Bachelors’ degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from Webb Institute and a Masters’ degree in Engineering Management from Duke University.
- Captain Glenn Walker is a master mariner and marine surveyor with 25 years dedicated to the US Merchant Marine and yachting industry for commercial, government and private vessels. His expertise encompasses project and personnel management, crew mentoring and vessel operations.
- Peter Poulson is a USCG certified marine engineer and surveyor overseeing surveying and consulting services for a cross-section of instructing Principals. He has extensive passenger vessel experience in the Antarctic with CMI Inc. and on ultra-deep water drilling ships.
- Lillian Aquilia, an experienced Global Operations Manager, has been responsible for the centralized coordination and instruction of surveyor attendances on behalf of underwriters including H&M, P&I, vessel owners, cargo and other marine concerns.
Joining later this month, a Senior Technical Director and Principal Surveyor based in the UK who has over 30 years’ experience in the marine industry with two decades serving in the aviation industry, as both a professional surveyor and veteran pilot. His expertise spans sea-going engineering, technical and project management, surveying and casualty investigations for Hull & Machinery underwriters, P&I Clubs and third-party marine interests